Radio Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

With all of this wireless stuff, will they [police, fire/rescue] do a way with the antennas on their units?

Thanks & God bless & drive safely!

Bob

N

N_Jay

SPERT20906 said:
With all of this wireless stuff, will they [police, fire/rescue] do a way with the antennas on their units?

Thanks & God bless & drive safely!

Bob

Hu? :roll: :roll: :roll:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
More antennas I'd think. I saw a MSP marked car decked out with an antenna farm that looked like it belongs at the NSA. It had the VHFlow band whip, the VHF hi, a base load whip (CB?), a cellular whip on the gl**** a data puck on the trunk lid, and the LoJack array on the roof....

CA
Annapolis

baybum

There's a very technical reason for all those antennas.
If arranged properly on the vehicle, when the cruiser reaches 65Mph, the wind whistles
"Maryland My Maryland" through the whips.

scannerman700

baybum said:
If arranged properly on the vehicle, when the cruiser reaches 65Mph, the wind whistles
Yea, I agree!!!

SPERT20906

maus92 said:
More antennas I'd think. I saw a MSP marked car decked out with an antenna farm that looked like it belongs at the NSA. It had the VHFlow band whip, the VHF hi, a base load whip (CB?), a cellular whip on the gl**** a data puck on the trunk lid, and the LoJack array on the roof....

CA
Annapolis

WOW, could you see the car with all of them on there LOL <g>. Glade they still us CB RADIO [:)]. I see units in this area using them & I thought with all the wireless stuff & modems in computers, that they would not use them. Then again dad did tell me that different freq's have different size antennas. I seen them from so small to a good big base station whip antenna. I guess they use what ever works, & some antenns may be needed for when they are in a place where radio waves do not go [like in buildings].

Thanks ;-) & God bless!

SPERT20906

baybum said:

LOL & HA HA, GOOD ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.