RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Maryland Radio Discussion Forum

Maryland Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Maryland.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 8:15 AM

Default Balto. County Police Frequencies

I am new to scanning. I happened upon RadioReference a couple of weeks ago and started listening online to Balto.County Police, I heard the capture of a fugitive and I was hooked. So, I bought myself a Uniden BC95XLT, so I can listen from room to room, since it is a handheld. The next day I was trying to put in the frequency for the Balto.County Police using the freq. from RadioReference, but the one for Balto. County was offline and has not been up since. All I can hear is Balto. County Fire, which is fine, but I want to hear the Police. Now I am reading that they went digital. Does this mean that I will not be able to get the Police? Did I just waste my money?
Help!
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

All police frequencies and most fire frequencies (other than the main few) are digital and cannot be received with that scanner.
Old 10-29-2011, 6:54 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Baltimore county is analog trnk system, not digital. fazz10, to follow it, you will need a truck tracking scanner. Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County are all still analog. If you want ti listen to the rest, then you will need a Digital trunk tracking scanner.

Last edited by kg4icg; 10-29-2011 at 7:02 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 2:26 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

My mistake - thanks for picking up. He confused me with the digital so I skimmed past the county/city distinction. Long story short - his radio still won't work
Old 10-29-2011, 7:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazz10 View Post
I am new to scanning. I happened upon RadioReference a couple of weeks ago and started listening online to Balto.County Police, I heard the capture of a fugitive and I was hooked. So, I bought myself a Uniden BC95XLT, so I can listen from room to room, since it is a handheld. The next day I was trying to put in the frequency for the Balto.County Police using the freq. from RadioReference, but the one for Balto. County was offline and has not been up since. All I can hear is Balto. County Fire, which is fine, but I want to hear the Police. Now I am reading that they went digital. Does this mean that I will not be able to get the Police? Did I just waste my money?
Help!
As the other posters mentioned, Baltimore County uses a trunked ANALOG radio system for all police and fire communications, but it will be transitioning to a digital system before the end of 2012, so you are best suited to invest in a DIGITAL TRUNK-TRACKING SCANNER.
Sponsored links

Tags
baltimore count police