Harford County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronp

Harford County just flipped the switch on their new rebanded frequencies and my scanner stopped working.
5/8/12 at 4pm

Anyone have the new frequencies?

aaronp

851.25 851.2875 851.775 852.2875 852.3625 852.7875 853.375 853.775 853.8125
For the system Frequencies

And 800 Mhz (rebanded) for the Trunking Table

Seems to have done the trick. Took me an hour to figure it out. Thanks FCC.gov

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Aaronp I tuned in 853.8125 which is the control channel and that seems to be the only one done at this time. The rest of the system is still in the pre rebanded side. Also I did a 5 second search and found the control channel!

Nate

aaronp

Yes, the key is getting the correct control channel. The control channel tells the radio where to tune, so theoretically that is the only frequency you really need.
But...
I've seen the control channel move to a different frequency on some trunked systems, so I like to put all the licensed frequencies in.

l found the control channel pretty quickly too, because we don't get very many trunked 800 mhz signals in my area. Then I went to fcc.gov and found the rest.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hopefully they'll be all done by the weekend - I'm going north this weekend for Mother's day. In any case, no need to look at fcc.gov - just subtract 15 Mhz from the current freqs, assuming Harford will use the same pattern as almost all the other rebanded systems nationwide.

Anyway, you will likely need to create a custom table when it's using the rebanded frequency - some of the freqs have a 0 in the 4th decimal, and this is a mixed mode system. The table is entered slightly differently for Uniden and GRE/RS - be sure to check out the links in the Rebanding wiki (specifically topic 7) for more on this. Mike

[edit] If you're traveling a lot, I suspect it might be best to create a new system (DMA term there - TSYS, likely in the object oriented world) with all the control channels reduced, the required custom table and whatever talkgroups you normally hear. That way you have a chance to hear it either way, and when it's time, the old system/TSYS can be easily dropped.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like the new rebanded freq is just transmitting the CC without the rebanding - otherwise it wouldn't be calling the old pre-rebanded stuff, at least as far I can understand it. I'd put money on a transmitter test, before any actual rebanding takes place

Mike

aaronp

Radio Techs are testing and bringing up the new channels today.
852.3625 (LCN 54) is up as of noon.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's not confuse the issue (and any newcomers amongst us, most importantly) - LCNs have no meaning in programming a Moto system into a scanner- only in an EDACS or LTR environment. Channel numbers are very important in how the scanner calculates how to follow a conversation, but it's under the covers... Mike

Last edited:

ctripps

As of Thursday 11PM I was not getting anything with the new control channel set. Did they move back to the old channels?

When the new control channel was working I was only receiving a fraction of the calls I normally do. I live in the Jarrettsville area.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I reset my Gre scanner for the new Freqs and can hear all of the county t/g's.. I live in delta

puzzleriddle

You will need a programming cable & either ARC 96 or win 96 software to get the rebanding tables.. Can not be done by manual entry.

jegallag

Feed Provider
Harford County

Things were working on my Pro-106 after I did the database download from RR on Wednesday night, but stopped working sometime on Thursday. Is this due to them bringing additional requencies online that were not online on Wednesday? Any ideas how to get the Pro-96 updated? I had it working Wednesday evening also.
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once again - re the PRO-96 - see the rebanding wiki I mentioned in message 13. It contains links for both ARC96 and Win96 with the correct procedures.

As for Harford's trunk - if none of the old freqs are working anymore, that likely means the system has been completely rebanded. The easy solution here is to subtract 15 mhz from all of the 866-867 Mhz freqs, and insure that you have the custom table installed. The wikis for ARC500 and Win500 both have references for rebanding, and I wouldn't doubt that PSREdit500 has something easy to use. I'm sure the db will be updated in due course

Both wikis are linked at the bottom of

Programming your RS Scanner- the RR Wiki

Mike

Last edited:

jegallag

Feed Provider
Thanks. I had used Win500 and downloaded to my Pro-106 and Win96 to download to the Pro-96. I will add the additional frequencies this evening and see if that clears up the problem.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The new control freqs should be 853.8125, 852.7875, 853.375 and 853.775. Most all scanners can run in control channel only mode, so these should be the only 4 you'll need, along with the custom table.

That's barring any new freqs that are added as CCs...Mike

Last edited:

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
All Freqs are just 15mhz down from the old...no new channels were added, still 9.. If you load all 9 Freqs in, you really don't have to mess with the tables..FYI, all "old" channels are off the air as of Thursday evening

BB1A67

All Freqs are just 15mhz down from the old...no new channels were added, still 9.. If you load all 9 Freqs in, you really don't have to mess with the tables..FYI, all "old" channels are off the air as of Thursday evening

I need to check here more often. Thanks for all th good info from everyone. I tried downloading from the data-base with no results. I check this thread for information and boom!

I use a Uniden BCD396XT. I just went into the frequencies and changed them all 15mhz down. Worked!

KB3YAJ

abkinsey

BC396T Not Working After Rebanding

Hey everyone, I'm kind of new (or at least haven't done this in a while) at re-programming my Uniden BCD396T Scanner.

I am using ARC396 and downloaded the latest information for Harford County. I set up the Fire/EMS Groups as well as the following control channels. 0853.8125, 0853.3750, 0853.7750, 0852.7875.

I wrote all that out to the scanner and it is picking up nothing.

I have upgraded this unit to the latest version of the firmware as well.

Anyone have any ideas what I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.