How to get antenna info

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

Premium Subscriber
I wasnt sure where to post this one so I thought since the structure is located in Maryland I would start here. I have an antenna located within a block of my home. I guess its about 500 feet. It has a strobe on the top. I ve nticed that it has several if not more antennas on it. The antenna also has a cell site. I would like to know how and where to obtain information on what and how transmit via this antenna. Please help with any suggestions.

N

N_Jay

patrolman123 said:
I wasnt sure where to post this one so I thought since the structure is located in Maryland I would start here. I have an antenna located within a block of my home. I guess its about 500 feet. It has a strobe on the top. I ve nticed that it has several if not more antennas on it. The antenna also has a cell site. I would like to know how and where to obtain information on what and how transmit via this antenna. Please help with any suggestions.

1) Look for a FCC/FAA site number on the fence.

2) Check the coordinates in the FCC database.

3) Use a scanner, service monitor or spectrum analyzer to see what it is transmitting.

4) A combination of 1, 2 and/or 3 above

5) Ask the owner or manager.

patrolman123

Premium Subscriber
Now I have the number where do I go

I have the FCC reg. number placard to the antenna. Does anyone have the url address for which I could find out the information on this antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.