Ocean City questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Does anyone have the paging tones for Ocean City FD? There should be two pairs - a silent alarm (pagers only) and a fire alarm (pagers and sirens). Also, does anyone know the frequency of the short solid tone used to dispatch EMS-only calls and the warble for fire alarm dispatches. I realize this isn't a paging tone, but may still be useful for the 396. Any help is appreciated.

Also, anyone in the OC/Southern DE shore area, does Sussex used two-tone encoding still for fire/EMS dispatching. Can it be heard from the OC area? Any input is great, thanks!

coopermj

Mike
Premium Subscriber
Matt,

Concerning your second question about Sussex County DE: All Sussex county fire/ems pagers are on 453.7000 with a few exceptions. Rehoboth Center also dispatches on 453.7000 and Seaford Center dispatches on 453.9000.

Stations alerted by Sussex County & Rehoboth Center use two-tone sequential Motorola tones. I'm not really sure what tone outs Seaford Center uses. If anyone monitoring the post can provide, please provide for Matt.

Also, If you are in the Rehoboth area, you can monitor 453.2500 to hear Sussex fire, ems, and Rehoboth Fire 800 mhz talk groups repeated.

HTH,

Mike Cooper

parker13384

TOnes For OC

Matt,

The OC Tones are as follows (This is what came out of my pager)

767.4- Thats the main tone
1047.1- Tone A, this is for slent alarms, car accidents, misc.
517.8-Tone B, This is what sets off the house sirens and alerts for fires

Hope this helps you.

I also believe that EMS is alerted directly from the station, and the single beep you hear is that alert.

If you remember quite a few years ago, when there was a fire, There would be three of those beeps and a dispatch before the actual fire was dispatched while the sirens were activated.

Last edited:

ocguard

Thats EXACTLY what I am looking for, just not sure they're in the right order... not to doubt your help though! It just seems like I remember the "A" tone being lower that the second tone, regardless whether it was a silent box or a siren alarm. I could be wrong... but could they be switched around? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

ocguard

after listening to some live dispatch and hearing both a "silent alarm" and a "fire alarm" I believe that the order may be incorrect. I think that...
517.8 is the common A tone
767.4 is the second tone for a silent alarm
1047.1 is the second tone for a fire alarm

I can say for certain that the A tone is always lower than the B tone

Can anyone confirm this information more certainly?

parker13384, can you list the tones in the exact order they come out of your pager, top to bottom. I assume you're getting this from a Minitor II...

Status
Not open for further replies.