MSP ever going digtial

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While anything is possible in this realm, I'd say it's most unlikely. What HAS been happening, slowly but surely, is that MSP is getting portables so they can access their respective county's 800 trunk system. This is happning on the Eastern Shore, and to an extent, around Central Maryland as well (Howard county comes to mind). How much this is actually used, and whether they use it just for keeping an ear on the local trunk, is another question.
73s Mike

cbscanman15

yea MSPs portables could never really do a good job espically in west maryland were the moutains are

jparks29

John McClane
cbscanman15 said:
yea MSPs portables could never really do a good job espically in west maryland were the moutains are

LMAO... MSP's portables ... are used with mobile repeaters.....in other words....they talk on a VHF portable.., which goes to the car, and is retransmitted on the 110W lowband radio in the car...essentially having a 110W lowband radio in your hand... wether you're in the car or not.. portables are usually HT1000's... some have been seen with vertex......

MSP is "working" on a 700 Mhz state-wide system, since XTS5K's are "dual band" 700/800 Mhz, they'd have access to their system, and 90% of the states' county systems.....

although THAT system is merely a pipe dream for now..and no contract has even been signed.. as far as I know.....

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
No radio system in the works

700mhz and 800mhz has not been even considered. Radio Systems for a Statewide system are being put on a back burner for now.They are rebuilding or redoing the backbone infrastructure(ie Microwaves, antennas, towers and such). But a statewide radio system is not even on anyones minds.

allscan

Premium Subscriber
Thank goodness, at least I'll have something to listen to in Cecil County, stupid ProVoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.