160.2625 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

I came across this frequency during the past weekend. There is no PL for it. I've heard references to Woodley Park and Forest Glen Command Post.

It sounds like some sort of police or security.

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
I came across this frequency during the past weekend. There is no PL for it. I've heard references to Woodley Park and Forest Glen Command Post.

It sounds like some sort of police or security.

What area were you in when you heard this? Just taking a guess here, Forest Glen area in Montgomery County could be something to do with Walter Reed. There is a Woodley Park in DC.

n3bxv

Might be just a tad off tuned, as 160.265 is Licensed to CSX Railroad, which runs runs through Woodley Park and Forest Glen......

freqhopping

n3bxv said:
Might be just a tad off tuned, as 160.265 is Licensed to CSX Railroad, which runs runs through Woodley Park and Forest Glen......

OK, I just checked that and it was clearer on .2625. :)

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
160.260 is WMATA Metrorail Red Line Ops...it's very readable at 160.2625 here in Baltimore...

n3bxv

Spleen said:
160.260 is WMATA Metrorail Red Line Ops...it's very readable at 160.2625 here in Baltimore...

And the Metro has stops at Forest Glen and Woodley Park.... It's got to be one or the other(Metro or CSX) and I would lean towards Metro now that Spleen has pointed this out.
There are no FCC licenses listed for 160.2625...

Last edited:

Dank

I agree with the WMATA (Metro) use. I have seen somewhere on the web, it may be the scan DC site (Mike please advise whose site this is so I don't mess up his name) which had a list of the freqs for the different subway line ops. This may be a red line operations freq. I believe the main Metro security freq is 160.385.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.