AACo Police Number 1 male Number 2 male

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHupp

Dumb question but when listening to Anne Arundel Police they frequently speak of a 'Number 1 male' or 'Number 2 female'. I'm sure this is some politically correct way of saying 'Black' or 'White' but can somebody translate this nomenclature for me. Thanks.

BTW, one of the comments in the 9/11 and Katrina aftermaths was that police use too many codes and that this makes things tougher for cooperation between distant law enforcement and rescue agencies!

n3bxv

Last edited:
JonHupp said:
Dumb question but when listening to Anne Arundel Police they frequently speak of a 'Number 1 male' or 'Number 2 female'. I'm sure this is some politically correct way of saying 'Black' or 'White' but can somebody translate this nomenclature for me. Thanks.

BTW, one of the comments in the 9/11 and Katrina aftermaths was that police use too many codes and that this makes things tougher for cooperation between distant law enforcement and rescue agencies!

I dont see how that would be a problem. All they have to do when they communicate with other agencies is use plain english, thats all. And everyone can understand the phonetic alphabet.

The problem is that they dont have a way to communicate with each other.

Whistler

Interoperability System

Well actually sir they do have a way to communicate with each other if they adopt the new Interoperability System that has been developed. There is a VHF, UHF, and 800 system in play. I believe each has five channels a piece or five sets of repeaters with options for simplex. Now of course an area would have to put out the money to buy the repeater and place it but the frequencies are already allocated by the FCC. I have all the frequencies if you would like them.

cohenner5377

Ah yes, the ongoing saga of Interoperability.

Did you know the feds have put out over 8 billion dollars for this project?

It is a sad story of a problem which will never be resolved...

David
MAR018

RALPHLUCAS

Yes, the Feds (Federal Government after taxing "We the People") have provided SOME of the funds for the Interoperability System. Those funds existed as a result of so-called Homeland Security concerns regarding communications during times of "National Emergency". However, as I pointed out a couple of months ago in a protracted diatribe with another member, the Charles County system went over budget by a whopping $10 million. Charles County taxpayers enjoyed making up for this oversight. The original $15 million project had Homeland Security Funds applied, yet after installation had begun and the county was committed, county taxpayers had to make up the difference! Worse, a majority of county taxpayers had no idea that such a project had been considered or was in construction mode. This writer is not against the system! He is against citizen taxpayers not having an opportunity to chose or vote how their taxes are used. Taxpayers here in Charles County are a sensitive lot, as most are throughout the Country. They just suffered the reprehensible indignity of having to pay a FLUSH TAX, which is an annual $30 fee to upgrade sewage treatment plants in Maryland. Trouble is, you get charged even if you have your own well and septic tank! Cohenner 5377 eludes to the huge hidden cost to all taxpayers everywhere regarding interoperabilty systems. Those of you considering your new 800 system would be wise to let your citizens know the price of your system and have public meetings for their input! Just how much should the system really cost?...and how much is from greedy contractors overcharging starry eyed local officials not wanting to be the last on their block to have a 800 system?????

Status
Not open for further replies.