Looking For Baltimore County Fire Dept Box Maps/Codes PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
You may solicit responses if you explain why. Unless they are available electronically you are asking for a tremendous pile of reference info.

blt0125

Can someone please help me with these baltimore county maryland fire dept box maps for the following stations

7 12 16 54 20 21 22
i can not get them anywhere so can somone please help me thank you

Brandon

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have baltimore county fire dept box maps/codes because i need to know please help
let me know

I can obtain these for you, but I'm curious as to why you need them? If you're a member wanting to learn the boxes, just get them from your station's computer or copy them from the book.

blt0125

i only want them so i can know where they are responding to when i hear a call im only a listener
i mainly need station 54 and 12 but i would also like most of the others

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
You will know where they are responding to by the street address or intersection dispatched. The boxes are just an enlarged view of the area containing said address/intersection. The box maps also include fire/rescue/ems specific info such as water sources, special hazards, etc. Similar to the blocks you'd find in an ADC mapbook you'd find in a 7-11 (although the boxes in the ADC books are truly boxes).

vividvisions

You will know where they are responding to by the street address or intersection dispatched. The boxes are just an enlarged view of the area containing said address/intersection. The box maps also include fire/rescue/ems specific info such as water sources, special hazards, etc. Similar to the blocks you'd find in an ADC mapbook you'd find in a 7-11 (although the boxes in the ADC books are truly boxes).
Sometimes it's hard to get the street/intersections. 2 numbers are a lot easier to look up then a street sometimes (if you have the maps)

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
The maps can cover a square mile give or take. There can be a lot of intersections in that square mile. I'm not adverse to you having the maps, I just don't think they are the magic bullet you believe them to be.

vividvisions

The maps can cover a square mile give or take. There can be a lot of intersections in that square mile. I'm not adverse to you having the maps, I just don't think they are the magic bullet you believe them to be.

I already have the maps. Knowing a box area can at least give you an idea of the specific neighborhood. The maps I have are in a PDF file. I can hit CTRL-F, and start typing the street name and it will search for it and pull it up. This is good for a situation where you don't hear the full street name, maybe just the 1st three letters. They work really well for me when it comes to listening to fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.