Thank You All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

I will be logging off of this site for good @ the end of the month, see all I got on here for was to get the information on the trunked [new] scanner. I want to thank all of you who replied to me & if I stepped on anyone’s toes ‘ouch!’ I am sorry. I did not mean to first come on here to get people upset with me with my posting, it is ok because this is how we all learn. But I got to tell the truth here, you all know that this site does not fit me & is not for me. I do not need to tell you all about me because you all figured it out already, I want to personally say thank you to the man who got me started & programmed it for me. He did not have to do it, but he saw my problem & acted like a bridge & came over to get me going. I still have a long way to go yet [need to add some train stuff too], & as you all know with my picture that realistlly I pretend allot. My hobbies are my life & I thank this man deeply for getting me going with this new world of digital stuff, & now my switching is half way done thanks to him [& dad & stepmom for getting me this + you all for finding out things]. So & the end of this month [1/31/06] I will be on for the last time. This site is too hard for me to understand & again it is not you all, but me. So thanks again to you all & God bless you all, I did enjoy my time on here.

Bob

Dank

Bob, I think I can speak for others besides myself, when I say that its entirely your choice not to visit this site after Jan 31. Once you become familiar with trunking and I know you will (it took me a while with my Bearcat so I feel for you) feel free to visit the database pages to obtain new frequencies or updates for older ones. While I have been sucessfully programmed to scan several runked systems (Montgomery, Howard, and AA Counties) I still read through the RRDB section to llok for new information. Best of luck to you!
Dan

2D1MCSO

Sorry To See you go, Please Don't !

I agree, about one thing here with you, however I find it to be human nature, and that is people in the most part like to point the finger at the underdog, make other people look stupid, it starts young in life, none of us like it when the stupid finger is pointed at us, but by nature we love to be the first finger pointing.

I posted a WTB line in the general index here and got some really nasty replies. People put for sale and WTB lines everyday in the general index, this is suppose to be a place to share and exchange ideas and information. But you get some know it all horses a** know it all who thinks they have to feel superior.

Let it slide, get a thick skin, don't leave a good source of radio information, this is not life or death it's a hobby forum ENJOY!!!

cbscanman15

yes bob so am i,i am really sad to see you leave RR,please dont go.I had a good time talking to you

thanks,josh

SPERT20906

Dank said:
Bob, I think I can speak for others besides myself, when I say that its entirely your choice not to visit this site after Jan 31. Once you become familiar with trunking and I know you will (it took me a while with my Bearcat so I feel for you) feel free to visit the database pages to obtain new frequencies or updates for older ones. While I have been sucessfully programmed to scan several runked systems (Montgomery, Howard, and AA Counties) I still read through the RRDB section to llok for new information. Best of luck to you!
Dan

You just made me think on something, we are like our scanners as in learning new things. I often think that our brains are scanners or radars look to pick up on new things, it is like I just said to dad on the phone 'I [& others] seen to jump in without knowing what we are getting in too, we get new stuff but our brains seem not to catch up with the changes' dad LOL & said;

"This is true"

Bob

SPERT20906

2D1MCSO said:
I agree, about one thing here with you, however I find it to be human nature, and that is people in the most part like to point the finger at the underdog, make other people look stupid, it starts young in life, none of us like it when the stupid finger is pointed at us, but by nature we love to be the first finger pointing.

AMEN on human nature, some people are not happy until they blam others or put others down, but God is recording everything & WE all will have to account for our actions on earth.

I posted a WTB line in the general index here and got some really nasty replies. People put for sale and WTB lines everyday in the general index, this is suppose to be a place to share and exchange ideas and information. But you get some know it all horses a** know it all who thinks they have to feel superior.

Amen, it seems no one reads the guidlines or rules about no abuse or finger pointing. Maybe what is needed on ALL systems is an private message to the person or persons tht if they keep it up, then they will be kicked out. I know of this one site that really did this, & it got rid of some bad people & I was one who was good. But I cannot find the site or link to it anymore to go back to it :-(.

Let it slide, get a thick skin, don't leave a good source of radio information, this is not life or death it's a hobby forum ENJOY!!!

Amen, but I found something better. See I have always been a loner & done things my way & most people do not like how I do things (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SP20906/) & this has always been my life since birth. No one from since I was going to school as a student up till now has really accepted me.

I have learned a lot, & there are a lot of forums on here that are of iterestinterest to me like railroading, but I will see how it goes. Maybe sometimes we let people get to us & we are to still keep up the fight, or they will say;

"LOL - I got that ass off of here'

See what I am doing is taking everything & making my own stuff. Also the stuff on here is on the RADIO SHACKS web site too (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RS_GRE-Digital-Scanner/) & all of my radios are from RADIO SHACK anyway. I also am starting to think that this site is too advanced for me [more then just the other members]. But if I am not kicked off now they soon will kick me off. I been kicked off of a lot of site, & only a few still let me on. I know there are all kinds of people in the world [sad to say most are nasty, not like they were when we grew up]. Things seem to be going down hill as in how people treat others, no one is that nice any more [except a few]. My whole life has been nothing but problems, so I make my own & stick to myself mainly now.

SPERT20906

cbscanman15 said:
hey bob do you own all of these yahoo groups????
YES I DO;

SP20906
S.P.E.R.T.20906
K.C.B.N.CH10b
CHURCH
TOWNS HALL
ENGINE HOUSE
STATIONS

I use a lot of things with all of them;

SP20906 [MAN PAGE - CALENDAR STUFF LIKE WHEN I HAVE MY MEETINGS]
S.P.E.R.T.20906 - EMERGENCY STUFF + MEETINGS
K.C.B.N.CH10b - CB RADIO STUFF + MEETINGS
CHURCH - CHURCH BUILDING THINGS
TOWNS HALL- MEETINGS
ENGINE HOUSE - LIST OF ALL THE TRAINS & CARS I HAVE
STATIONS - [HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING, BUT WILL USE THIS ONE FOR ANY TRAIN SHOWS + PICTURES]

I got pictures & stuff on the main web page, but am slowly moving them to there new homes.

I want to be able to try to make it so people can see that we all can have fun with what God gives us [message on my main page]

I am going to delete everything as for pictures & take new ones with my new stuff.

S.P.E.R.T.20906 I got new apparatuses as well as a new scanner [have 2 now] 1 will be for the 800 [police, fire/rescue - they now can talk to each other if need be]
& all my train stuff will be on my train scanner.

I am going to be adding pictures to all of my buildings as well as links to other sites [so to free up my hard drive]. See I got some big train programs that need allot of free space to run, I also have map programs [street & trips] + some off the Internet. I made my streets n trips map with icons they give me [steam train,buildings,signs] & make it the way I want it. Also I use the MONTGOMERY COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & TRANSPORTATION [TMC] camera so to see the road + traffic & also if I am getting people like dad & stepmom coming. It is great [I used it when my mother was still on earh] & use it like CB RADIO & if they get close I go to meet them.

I am also in to all forms of transpertation [trains, bus, plains [do not have an airport or plane], helicopter, boat [do not have a boat because my bathroom has a shower & not a tub, my last place did.]

scanjunkie

SPERT20906 said:
Thanks & love your 'kool-ad' logo.

Bob
Thanks, Bob...The Kool-Aid guy makes me laugh!! I really hope you reconsider and stick around. This is a great site and a great hobby. Yes, there are some bad apples in the bunch, you just have to learn to ignore them. There are a thousand times more good people on this site than bad. I have made some nice friends here. The new scanning stuff is difficult to understand, but there are plenty of people here who will gladly help you to get it all figured out. Before you know it you will be the one helping people...do yourself a favor and stick around...it really can be a lot of fun!! I think you can see by the replies here that most of us do care and would like to see you stay. Take care my friend...Hope to see you around!!

SPERT20906

scanjunkie said:
Thanks, Bob...The Kool-Aid guy makes me laugh!! I really hope you reconsider and stick around. This is a great site and a great hobby. Yes, there are some bad apples in the bunch, you just have to learn to ignore them. There are a thousand times more good people on this site than bad. I have made some nice friends here. The new scanning stuff is difficult to understand, but there are plenty of people here who will gladly help you to get it all figured out. Before you know it you will be the one helping people...do yourself a favor and stick around...it really can be a lot of fun!! I think you can see by the replies here that most of us do care and would like to see you stay. Take care my friend...Hope to see you around!!

Like the man who helped me, & who knows what God has in mind for us.

SPERT20906

scanjunkie said:
True...True...

I decided after thinking on it [+ talking to dad] that I will still be on here, there is a lot of information yet to learn & not only that I am going to pick up the PC INTERFACE for the scanner. I only have 1 port left to connect something to & so therefore do not know if it will work or not. I checked the RS web sit & it gave me a picture of the computer part of the cable [scanner part too] & it did not say were to connect it or how many prong things it will take. My book for the computer shows it to be an serial connector, so I do not know & I can always take it back.

Bob

BTW: I got the spell checking program from Google.

SPERT20906

scanjunkie said:
VERY COOL, BOB!! I'm really glad you changed your mind. Glad to have you back...Good luck with your PC Interface. See ya around the boards!!

OT - do they still sell kool aid in the stores, I had it a few years back & by seeing your icon makes me want to break this screen & reach in to get some of yours <G>.

Also got the cable, but RS had no disk. Also they told me that they do not carry a digital scanner, so I told this 1 employee that dad got it for me for a Christmas gift. So maybe they only had 1 left or only a few & I dad got one of the last ones. I also checked were I got my UNIDON scanner & they had no CD or programs for the scanners. So who knows maybe they keep items in stores & if they do not sell fast or @ all they send them back. Also some person in the RS store in the mall was about to walk off with something [delivery person had a box], so it was a mess today @ RS.

Also one RS store the manager told me he will pick up a CD [win96] for me & I am to come back Saturday to pick it up.

So I got half of what I need & right now I have my computer & scanner hocked up on the floor & am leaning to reach my keyboard.

I hope I do not have to leave my scanner hocked up all the time like this.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.