Bin Laden

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenner5377

Courtesy of ABC 7 in New York:

Report: New Osama tape alleges plan for U.S. attacks
Reportedly offers truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan
AP

(Cairo, Egypt -AP, January 19, 2006) - Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan.
The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by the Arab broadcaster.

yup. be afraid.

and make sure you go out and spend more, like all good Americans should.

like Dick Cheney said, "you think it's an ACCIDENT that we haven't had any attacks in America since 9/11?"

that's pretty much all i needed to realize that the War on Terror is basically being sold as just another War on Drugs.

perpetual fear. no end in sight. conform. obey.

John_M

muddy mudskipper Wrote:

like Dick Cheney said, "you think it's an ACCIDENT that we haven't had any attacks in America since 9/11?"

That is because Al Queda is pretty much wiped out due to our presence overseas. The tape is just a retaliation for our recent Al Queda bombings in Pakistan.

dsmall

What frequency and PL Tone did you hear Bin Bin on? What type of antenna do you have to hear such a thing? I need to upgrade fast!!

cohenner5377

dsmall said:
What frequency and PL Tone did you hear Bin Bin on? What type of antenna do you have to hear such a thing? I need to upgrade fast!!

Shortwave, my friend. Grab up a shortwave, plug in a good antenna, and perk those ears up for the world renowned, terrorist run and operated Al Jazeera Radio Station.

David

HoDo

JMedley_1 said:
muddy mudskipper Wrote:

That is because Al Queda is pretty much wiped out due to our presence overseas. The tape is just a retaliation for our recent Al Queda bombings in Pakistan.

I beleive I heard the tape was made early November which means it was BEFORE the most recent attacks on Pakistan. In addition, I dont think there was any mention to those attacks on the tape.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
TinEar,
Strange reason to have it under Maryland......the stuff is supposed to relate to Maryland systems/events, whatever.

doctordave

Key issue for Baltimoreans to keep an eye on...particularly since individuals associated with or sympathetic to that cause have evidently been conducting surveillance in various parts of the Baltimore metro area.

SPERT20906

Gary335 said:
I think that thread you started about the police might fit a bit better there too. :)

Good point, thanks.

Bob

Maybe we all get OT in all forums, just because it says something does not mean what we want to post is right for that area.

Maybe what is needed is for someone to posted what goes in each forum.

Gary335

SPERT20906 said:
Good point, thanks.

Bob

Maybe we all get OT in all forums, just because it says something does not mean what we want to post is right for that area.

Maybe what is needed is for someone to posted what goes in each forum.

I couldn't agree more Bob!

cohenner5377

Okay, enough.

For those that are have nothing better to do than be so bothered by this outrageous lack of courtesy (of course, how could I post something SO off topic here on the board) I plead for, and beg your forgiveness. And wishes to all that this should be the worst thing that ever happens to you. And another wish: May you find something much more important to occupy your day.

For the rest of you: Sorry that I opened the board up to this ridiculous thread. It was simply an attempt to convey some news. I apologize that you had to endure the children of the board.

David
MAR018

doctordave

David,

It was a valid post, on a topic well worth keeping an eye on here in Maryland. Sadly, we have a few squirrels on this and other boards who seem to have a little too much time on their hands and are just looking for opportunities to be critical. I suggest we not allow a few oversized children to deter our involvement here. Keep posting away!

Randall

cohenner5377 said:
Okay, enough.

For those that are have nothing better to do than be so bothered by this outrageous lack of courtesy (of course, how could I post something SO off topic here on the board) I plead for, and beg your forgiveness. And wishes to all that this should be the worst thing that ever happens to you. And another wish: May you find something much more important to occupy your day.

For the rest of you: Sorry that I opened the board up to this ridiculous thread. It was simply an attempt to convey some news. I apologize that you had to endure the children of the board.

David
MAR018
anything you say can and will be used against you by a few. ignore them remembering the majority is silent in most cases

JoeyC

News flash! Radioreference.com is a site dedicated to radios and the like. Irregardless of the fact that a nuclear bomb may have exploded on the moon and disintegrated it into a dust cloud forever changing the rotation of the earth, (or the rantings of a madman named bin Laden) discussing it on this website is off topic except for in the RR tavern. Anyone who gets their news off of radioreference DOES need to get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.