8Call90 Roll Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed within the past week that they have started a "roll call" of counties in Central MD (Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard, Harford, MEMA, and a couple others) on 8 Call 90.

Harford County seems to be "lead" calling out counties.

I never noticed this before on this frequency. Some counties respond back but some don't (Anne Arundel Fire and Police both don't respond).

These roll calls are done a couple times during the day.

troymail

Silent Key
I have noticed within the past week that they have started a "roll call" of counties in Central MD (Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard, Harford, MEMA, and a couple others) on 8 Call 90.

Harford County seems to be "lead" calling out counties.

I never noticed this before on this frequency. Some counties respond back but some don't (Anne Arundel Fire and Police both don't respond).

These roll calls are done a couple times during the day.

I used to routinely hear the same roll call on CMARC Intercomm and they always ended with "station available to monitor Vodacall" or the nationwide.... something... but I'd rarely if ever seem to hear them on the 800 Interops. I actually stopped listening to CMARC because there's almost nothing there. However, earlier this week I started noticing/hearing the 8Call roll call activity so I started listening again to the CMARC tests (for some reason I'm thinking they stopped for a while).

On a related note, since listening to CMARC again this week, it sounds like a new TG ID (8599) has appeared ("port" units - maintenance?). I've head them in the past but on a different TG ID. They way they've talked this week, it sounds like some changes or improvements were made to something.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I used to routinely hear the same roll call on CMARC Intercomm and they always ended with "station available to monitor Vodacall" or the nationwide.... something... but I'd rarely if ever seem to hear them on the 800 Interops. I actually stopped listening to CMARC because there's almost nothing there. However, earlier this week I started noticing/hearing the 8Call roll call activity so I started listening again to the CMARC tests (for some reason I'm thinking they stopped for a while).

On a related note, since listening to CMARC again this week, it sounds like a new TG ID (8599) has appeared ("port" units - maintenance?). I've head them in the past but on a different TG ID. They way they've talked this week, it sounds like some changes or improvements were made to something.

Going through some recordings today, During the 1048 AM Radio Call, "Conducting the daily CMARC Check on Vodacall" on 8Tac90.

During the 1030PM radio check tonight, Anne Arundel Fire responded back (maybe they saw this post ;) ) I didn't hear if AAPD did or didn't.

troymail

Silent Key
Heard them again this morning and then was able this time to follow to 8Call90.... Between this and comments (and some changes) on CMARC indicating improved communications, it seems like something changed... Several talkgroups/users appear to have moved from their old TGIDs to new ones.

Pro96Com saw 15 talkgroups and 44 radios active/affiliated on CMARC Balt/AA today.

tyler3328

roll call

We do something similar here in TX on TXCALL1D the san Antonio area conducts a roll call on this channel on Fridays as part of an interop program. I have been told by some of the other agencies on 800 that they do the same

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Heard them again this morning and then was able this time to follow to 8Call90.... Between this and comments (and some changes) on CMARC indicating improved communications, it seems like something changed... Several talkgroups/users appear to have moved from their old TGIDs to new ones.

Pro96Com saw 15 talkgroups and 44 radios active/affiliated on CMARC Balt/AA today.

Interesting... I'll have to start monitoring CMARC. Never did since there is so little activity on it.

Maybe the new talkgroups are to make them more compatible with FiRST for patching?

CqDx

As the other thread as stated, the system is going through an upgrade and will eventually be the master site for Harford County P25 system in the not very distant future.

DisasterGuy

It is "Voted Call". Both the CMARC and MESIN conventional systems vote 8CALL90 (and in the case of MESIN VCALL10 and UCALL40 as well). These voted channels are monitored by MEMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.