AACo Fire Invest TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
TG 4-H (33616) pretty active tonight ... trunker showing 5 radios active there -- I've never seen even ONE there before.... I've also been proven wrong - I fully expected this TG to be ENCRYPTED but it isn't - but it is digital.

Interesting! One unit is ENCRYPTED but others are responding/talking to the encrypted unit in clear voice (unencrypted)... another unexpected suprise! (I wonder if THEY know that?)

TinEar

Started to say I don't see it but now have it too. Interesting. The 32208 talkgroup is also going full time but that one's all encrypted.

Last edited:
I tried listening to the narcotics channel also to see if there was a problem with the whole encrypted system but all i hear is encrypted transmissions on that channel. (32208)

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
The activitiy is turning out to be more interesting than I would've thought--that's why I originally thought it wasn't FD investigators. Think this TG definitely merits programming into the "just in case" list.

Thanks very much for the heads-up Troy.

troymail

Silent Key
Some explaination now... the ENC users are on 4-H and those coming across in the clear are using a dynamic regroup channel (1-P) which must be patched/linked to 4-H... Sounds like they are all going to switch to 1-P now because some radios apparently can't do the decrypt of 4-H.

troymail

Silent Key
TinEar said:
What is the talkgroup they are using for 1P Troy? I don't have that one listed or programmed.

It's not a real channel ... I think from everything I've heard and read the dynamic regroup channel is designed to allow radios to be given access to TGs "on the fly" so when these guys switch to 1-P on their radio, they are actually on whatever channel was programmed into 1-P - in this case - apparently 4-H. So you just monitor the normal channel -- again, in this case, 4-H.

troymail

Silent Key
I just found this description of Dynamic Regrouping:

Dynamic Regrouping allows Motorola remotely create or assign a talkgroup to the Dyn Reg radio position/channel. When responding to a regional or statewide emergency an agency can notify Motorola of the radio ID’s it is sending to assist in the emergency and Motorola can then assign the talkgroup being utilized at the emergency to the Dyn Reg channel in the radio.

So, apparently, some of the guys on 4-H don't normally have 4-H in their radios. So their radios were dynamically regrouped (or remotely programmed) to allow them to all talk on 4-H byt switching their radios to "1-P" (which is a channel on the radio that normally doesn't have anything on it). Effectively, this is a dynamic "patch" that is programmed into the radios for the duration of the event.

Now I'm kinda curious to know why all of the users in question don't already have 4-H on their radios.....seems like they should....

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Here's another....

DYNAMIC REGROUPING - The Dynamic Regrouping feature offers users of the 800 MHz radio system tremendous flexibility and interoperability capabilities. It also allows for the instantaneous addition of a talkgroup not preprogrammed into the radio.

Llwellyn

I plugged that channel in, and I'm also copying loud and clear at least two separate parties. It's digital, but in the clear. The digital sounds nice, so they must be in a decent spot in the county ;)

I hope the users have some kind of clue that they're coming out in the clear... I'd hate for them to blow cover by revealing some OPSEC info.

Status
Not open for further replies.