help on programming the 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerjc

hello just bought my 396 a few days ago.great radio, need help on setting it up.i like to hear anne arudel police and fire . also md state police . where do i start ?anybody out there can help me ? my email is, OLERJC@HOTMAIL.COM thank you very much. BOB. IN glen burnie md.hope to hear from some one .

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Start with the database here on RR.Com. If you are unsure of the terms being used, I recommend you go to the Wiki and read up on "Trunking" so that you have a framework for the data.

Then, make a list of all the stuff you want to program. There are some worksheets on Uniden's web site (http://www.uniden.com/products/index.cfm?cat=scanners) that can help you organize the information for the scanner.

Finally, press MENU, select Program Systems, select New System and follow the menu from there.

You might also find that someone else has already programmed what you need. If so, get their "UASD" file and use the Uniden software to simply transfer their setup into your scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can find the download site for the UASD software on the BCD396 Wiki page. Make sure your email filters are disabled or can be bypassed, as the registration key is sent to your account (more than 1 person has been tripped up by this).

If you ever decide to travel with the 396, quite apart from Troy's files, the BCD396 Yahoo group has a whole folder dedicated to different states. You can then easily download them and use it as a template to set up your own systems. That group is also on that wiki page.

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.