Harford County TG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allscan

Premium Subscriber
So far today I've heard two "broadcasts" on TG 04208 on the Harford County digital system. This TG is not identified on the database, but from what I've heard they put out APB's on them. Just heard mention of a 17 y/o girl who may have been abducted and that all units should stop the suspected vehicle if sighted. Anyone have more information on this TG?

nickaw42

I've been hearing just what you described on that talkgroup for a few weeks now. It is always radio id 212(0xD4) or 1012(0x3F4) talking. I've been trying to figure out what this group is too.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
It sounds like it is a law enforcement announcement talkgroup. Is the talkgroup using the announcement status bit (+1) -- i.e., if you monitor it with a scanner that displays the status bit information, does the talkgroup display as 4209?

-Eric

nickaw42

Yes, I just heard the talkgroup and the status bit is set to 1.

So does that mean that all radios that are currently turned on will hear the message on that talkgroup? Does this group belong in the database, and if so what should it be called?

ericcarlson

Database Admin
The system is programmed such that an announcement talkgroup will "override" certain other talkgroups. In this case, the law enforcement radios are probably setup to receive this particular announcement talkgroup. It belongs in the database as a law enforcement announcement talkgroup; I will add it.

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.