Anyone know what these BCoFD tones are for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

workingfire98

I know the 1st one goes off for working fires it seems, what's the 2nd one for? Does it go off for 2nd alarms? Thanks.

Multi-Alarm 1 Tone: 1344/992
Multi-Alarm 2 Tone: 1465/871

Also, what are these?
OEP Group Tone: 1344/1985
ATR Tone 1 Tone: 1403/950
ATR Tone 2 Tone: 1403/1130
Safety Tone Tone 1465/1036

I'm guessing ATR is advanced technical rescue units? No clue on the others

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'm not familiar with Baltimore County, but here in Washington County, additional tones are sent for mechanical purposes like ringing alarm bells, opening station garage doors, and things like that. Often one tone set will signal the station to sound its siren and the second set will page out the monitors for firefighters.

workingfire98

I'm not familiar with Baltimore County, but here in Washington County, additional tones are sent for mechanical purposes like ringing alarm bells, opening station garage doors, and things like that. Often one tone set will signal the station to sound its siren and the second set will page out the monitors for firefighters.

Ah yes thanks, I know that part, I'm trying to figure out what exactly these ones are for locally.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
The multi alarm tone 1 and 2 are used when a working fire is sounded. When command on scene declares a working fire or 2nd alarm ect , those tones are at the end of the upgraded assignment. I had a Baltimore county pager with those tones in it to notify me whenever a working fire was declared. The Safety is what it is safety officer tone. ATR or Advance Technical Rescue are used during technical rescue calls and OEM is when Office of emergency management needs to be notified.

Bugkiller

Premium Subscriber
BCoFD tones

I just got my new 436 and have been trying to locate the fire tones to input into the scanner. Where would I go to get these file? Thanks in advance.

workingfire98

The multi alarm tone 1 and 2 are used when a working fire is sounded. When command on scene declares a working fire or 2nd alarm ect , those tones are at the end of the upgraded assignment. I had a Baltimore county pager with those tones in it to notify me whenever a working fire was declared. The Safety is what it is safety officer tone. ATR or Advance Technical Rescue are used during technical rescue calls and OEM is when Office of emergency management needs to be notified.

Do you happen to know what the different between multi alarm 1 & 2 are?
Like, 1 east side 2 west side? or do they both go out no matter what.

The difference between the two were from the Minitor 2 days. Minitor 2's could only handle 3 tone reeds.

Since most of the Upper Echelon carried pagers that started with the tone 1344 they had the Multi-Alarm 1 Tone.

And Battalion Chief's and other officers carried pagers that started with the tone 1465 they had the Multi-Alarm 2 Tone.

The tones do not signify how many alarms, however they alert for working fires and above, also all of the career tones for Baltimore County are going away, the volunteers tones will remain. So in short all Batt Chief's EMS Officers, Safety, Haz-mat, ATR 1 & 2, OEP and career station tones are going away.

Shortly the only way to know if there is a working incident in Baltimore County is to program the Rehab unit tone, if you want tones to alert you to it.

Last edited:

workingfire98

The difference between the two were from the Minitor 2 days. Minitor 2's could only handle 3 tone reeds.

Since most of the Upper Echelon carried pagers that started with the tone 1344 they had the Multi-Alarm 1 Tone.

And Battalion Chief's and other officers carried pagers that started with the tone 1465 they had the Multi-Alarm 2 Tone.

The tones do not signify how many alarms, however they alert for working fires and above, also all of the career tones for Baltimore County are going away, the volunteers tones will remain. So in short all Batt Chief's EMS Officers, Safety, Haz-mat, ATR 1 & 2, OEP and career station tones are going away.

Shortly the only way to know if there is a working incident in Baltimore County is to program the Rehab unit tone, if you want tones to alert you to it.

This is the first I've heard this, Is this confirmed?

workingfire98

As far as I know, staff officers, battalion chiefs, and EMS supervisors will continue to be paged over 46.46 with tones.

STATION ALERTING tones are no longer being sent.

Since I asked I have listened in and career stations are definitely no longer being alerted.

Status
Not open for further replies.