harford county/cmarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
ok i have cmarc as a system, and updated library..but am hearing nothing, on ws1080.

Assuming you programmed the entire CMARC system into your radio and are in Essex, there's a good chance you are locking onto the Baltimore/Anne Arundel site. You won't hear much on that site or the Howard/Carroll site. To hear Harford, you need to be locking onto the Harford site.

I recommend either simply locking out those two sites and keeping on;y the Harford site enabled or creating separate systems out of each site (different scanlists).

BTW - the P25 systems typically don't have the range of the older systems so you may not receive (well) it from Essex.

k3ygc

cmarc/harco

ok just on harford sites now.still not hearing anything from near 695/95 in essex, maybe distance is affecting it,i will leave it on for awhile,, tks for the help!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
OK..What the heck am I missing??..

PSR800 and Whistler WS1080.. Both deaf on CMARC freqs...
I hand programmed them both with the P25, FM, 772.45625, 771.48125, 772.15625, 772.73125 as controls.. Left wildcard as the talkgroup..Nothing talking but my GRE600 and 500 both are talking away..

WHAT DID I MISS??

Going bald !!!

troymail

Silent Key
OK..What the heck am I missing??..

PSR800 and Whistler WS1080.. Both deaf on CMARC freqs...
I hand programmed them both with the P25, FM, 772.45625, 771.48125, 772.15625, 772.73125 as controls.. Left wildcard as the talkgroup..Nothing talking but my GRE600 and 500 both are talking away..

WHAT DID I MISS??

Going bald !!!

Your 500 and 600 are both receiving the CMARC/Harford site but your PSR800 and WS1080 are not?

I know they work (at least from within the County)....

EDIT: Did you do an import from the EZ Scan library or manually program the 800/1080?

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Manual on all 3.. I have the Harford Fire/Ems/Police Broadcastify feed running from here in the basement on a Pro 197 with no issues.. Plenty of signal strength here.. The Pro 197/PSR600 and PSR 500 all work with the same exact data in them, The 800 / 1080 is deaf..

k3ygc

harf/cmarc

still deaf here, how can i get the cmarc database into the 1080? from radioref, i don't think the sigs should be too weak to this loication.

k3ygc

ever ng isupdated by ezscan but my scanlist does not showany pd fire or other harco agencies. only mema etc

k3ygc

yes library shows 408.i update all the time.when i browse items i get only mema, roam channels, .etc but no other har co agencies... confusing///

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Added all system channels in the site freq list.. Still deaf.. Added your CDAT file, crashes my SD card when added..Removed CDAT.. reloaded SD card with same info you are using.. Still deaf.. I have updated all databases, Up's and DSP files.. Have the latest database download on the card..

WHAT AM I MISSING??

This is a BASIC Phase I system.. a SIMPLE P25 single site system (here at least).. York and Lancaster Both are LOUD and CLEAR and much farther away than Harford's site..

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Are your band split tables set to auto fill, standard, or custom?

troymail

Silent Key
Added all system channels in the site freq list.. Still deaf.. Added your CDAT file, crashes my SD card when added..Removed CDAT.. reloaded SD card with same info you are using.. Still deaf.. I have updated all databases, Up's and DSP files.. Have the latest database download on the card..

WHAT AM I MISSING??

This is a BASIC Phase I system.. a SIMPLE P25 single site system (here at least).. York and Lancaster Both are LOUD and CLEAR and much farther away than Harford's site..

York and Lancaster are UHF and seem to have much greater range. I can pick up York in Resiterstown (Baltimore County) and Hampstead (along MD Rt 30).

The 700 systems are much more tweaked to stay inside the intended area of coverage. That's not to say you can't receive them from outside the area but you do really need to find the right spot. I have several "spots" in my house I can receive the FiRST Baltimore site but the radio needs to stay in one of those spots. CMARC is similar but different since in my area the site covers both Baltimore and Anne Arundel. I can receive the CMARC Harford site probably < 25% of the time but only on the 536.

With the digital simulcast issues, it has also been noted that adding antennas sometimes makes reception worse because the antenna pulls in even more signals (towers) and confuses the scanner.

k3ygc

ok here is the latest from essex. i am using a ws1080 with a radio shack rubber duck. i finally got reception on the cmarc/harford county system. this is how i did it. i threw a wild card into the cmarcs and got harford county reception. i am receiving the harford county site on the cmarcs loud and clear. other sites are locked out.since i could not get the talkgroups to load automatically, i manually entered the talkgroups for harf county fire, ems , sheriff, msp belair. bel air aberdeen and havre de grace pd. still don t understand why the cmarcs channels don't load automatically when the library is updated. thanks for the help everyone.

troymail

Silent Key
ok here is the latest from essex. i am using a ws1080 with a radio shack rubber duck. i finally got reception on the cmarc/harford county system. this is how i did it. i threw a wild card into the cmarcs and got harford county reception. i am receiving the harford county site on the cmarcs loud and clear. other sites are locked out.since i could not get the talkgroups to load automatically, i manually entered the talkgroups for harf county fire, ems , sheriff, msp belair. bel air aberdeen and havre de grace pd. still don t understand why the cmarcs channels don't load automatically when the library is updated. thanks for the help everyone.

Now that makes more sense -- except for the library update part.

There are several steps involved in the updates I want to make sure you are aware of....

1. Use EZ Scan/iScan to check for and download the library updates (sounds like you did this part).

2. Note that when prompted at the end of the update, the only things that will update in your existing configurations/programming are (a) alpha tags and (b) system/site frequencies. The update will not add newly posted talkgroups to your programming.

3. After you do the update and/or add any new talkgroups to your programming (manually), you must transfer the programming to the SD card either via the USB cable or by putting the SD card into your PC.

I'm guessing that at least one of these steps weren't done and that's why you didn't hear anything until you added a Wildcard object.....

Status
Not open for further replies.