Harford county frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMBO702

Hi, I am very new to scanning, I have a pro 106 from radio shack. I have not been able to receive any "calls" on my scanner I assume they have changed the system. Can this scanner be programmed to receive the new frequencies ? Could anyone tell me if anything was changed in Harford County or do I have a problem with the scanner itself ? If anyone in the Harford County area could help I would greatly appreciate it . THANK YOU ! Jim

CommJunkie

Looking at the wiki for the 106 (Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki) and the radio system for Harford County, you should be able to program it for the system. I have no working knowledge of that scanner so I won't be much help programming it, but it should be able to be done no problem.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While I'm not in the area - and I don't have any RS scanners - you should be able to receive the Harford site from this system, which is where much of the activity has now moved...(any links are always blue)

Central Maryland Area Regional Communications Committee (CMARC) Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

This article will give you all the links you need to get started - however, most importantly, you will need to buy a few things...and the article mentions all of them...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Once you have decided on an app and gotten your USB cable straightened out, someone can send you a file. That's often the easiest way to get started

GL...Mike

SCPD

QRT
Harford county

Hi, I am very new to scanning, I have a pro 106 from radio shack. I have not been able to receive any "calls" on my scanner I assume they have changed the system. Can this scanner be programmed to receive the new frequencies ? Could anyone tell me if anything was changed in Harford County or do I have a problem with the scanner itself ? If anyone in the Harford County area could help I would greatly appreciate it . THANK YOU ! Jim

Hi Yes I live in Harford county: all you need to do is enter your main and secondary control channels. I also own the Pro 106

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Dcr_inc programs scanners.. Look him up on Radio Reference

troymail

Silent Key
old system migrated....

The old Harford County system is now gone.

All 9 of the old Harford County 800 Mhz frequencies have been migrated over to the Harford site of CMARC. The Harford site of CMARC now has 19 frequencies - 10 - 700 Mhz and 9 - 800 Mhz.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The old Harford County system is now gone.

All 9 of the old Harford County 800 Mhz frequencies have been migrated over to the Harford site of CMARC. The Harford site of CMARC now has 19 frequencies - 10 - 700 Mhz and 9 - 800 Mhz.

Are the 800 freqs being used on the new system? Can you tell if they are part of the general pool, or are they being served for non-public safety users?

SCPD

QRT
Hi yes , I have a clone cable, I can clone my frequencies to your scanner, email me private .

marksmith

What did they do with Bel Air, Havre de Grace and Aberdeen local police departments?

Did they migrate to CMARC? I know they were about the only things on the old system after the initial migration.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

troymail

Silent Key
Are the 800 freqs being used on the new system? Can you tell if they are part of the general pool, or are they being served for non-public safety users?

Looks like general pool -

I see Harford Sheriff, town police, fire/ems dispatch and response, and other department units (including public works, animal control, etc,) on the 700 Mhz frequencies, MSP Belair on the 800 Mhz frequencies, Martin FBO/fuel trucks on 700 and 800 Mhz, and the Mutual Aid Coordination talkgroup on 700 and 800 Mhz.

Keep in mind that all of these frequencies are licensed to Harford County.... always have been.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber

I see Harford Sheriff, town police, fire/ems dispatch and response, and other department units (including public works, animal control, etc,) on the 700 Mhz frequencies, MSP Belair on the 800 Mhz frequencies, Martin FBO/fuel trucks on 700 and 800 Mhz, and the Mutual Aid Coordination talkgroup on 700 and 800 Mhz.

Keep in mind that all of these frequencies are licensed to Harford County.... always have been.

So this is why the HCSO has gone silent on my Radio Shack Pro 668 which was loaded in from the RadioReferance database .... but an older version?

What do I need to do to get HCSO back in my scanner?

THANKS

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Suddenly the HCSO has disappeared .....

I come here to find out they migrated to CMARC

So I upgraded my membership and dowloaded Site and Talkgroup CSV files to input into my Radio Shace Pro-668 Scanner software and it fails.

Not sure what I am doing wrong .... any help?

Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
Suddenly the HCSO has disappeared .....

I come here to find out they migrated to CMARC

So I upgraded my membership and dowloaded Site and Talkgroup CSV files to input into my Radio Shace Pro-668 Scanner software and it fails.

Not sure what I am doing wrong .... any help?

Thanks

668? Didn't need an upgraded membership for that! IScan/EZ Scan lets you download for no additional cost or membership requirements...

Key question - where are you located? Or is the problem you're having just importing the information to the radio?

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
668? Didn't need an upgraded membership for that! IScan/EZ Scan lets you download for no additional cost or membership requirements...

Key question - where are you located? Or is the problem you're having just importing the information to the radio?

TRYING to get CMARC loaded in to 668

In Bel Air and just recently HCSO has fallen silent.

I guess due to migration to CMARC

Still getting Fire/Rescue but no HCSO

Where di I get iScan/EZScan ??

maus92

Premium Subscriber

Personally, I think that this system should be listed as the Harford County P25 System, and not CMARC. Sure, CMARC provides infrastructure, but for (almost) all intents and purposes, the Harford County node is mainly used by a locality, and not regional users, except in rare instances. At the very least, the admins should make very clear in the Harford County page that public safety entities are on the CMARC system.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
It was on your scanners SD card when you got it.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Thanks I got it figured out ....... just a name issue.

troymail set me straight on the specifics otherwise!

Now the scanner has come to life I am letting it run/record will check later to see what I capture! ;)

troymail

Silent Key
Personally, I think that this system should be listed as the Harford County P25 System, and not CMARC. Sure, CMARC provides infrastructure, but for (almost) all intents and purposes, the Harford County node is mainly used by a locality, and not regional users, except in rare instances. At the very least, the admins should make very clear in the Harford County page that public safety entities are on the CMARC system.

Problem is that it's a site on another system... somewhat like the change that was made to Worcester and Ocean City recently.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

Submit a ticket to add that comment to the now-deprecated Harford system, just as I just did today for that trunk system in the wiki. Personally I think it's a good idea to put a link to the CMARC system in the misc/info section of the db, but let's see what the admins think...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.