MSP Unit Identifiers/Call Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a list of the State Police Unit Identifiers/Call Signs?

CE =
CV = Commercial Vehicle Unit?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Aside from the barrack numbers, off the top of my head:

I've heard ASED on the air, but I don't remember their C/S.
AV - Aviation Command
CE - Criminal Enforcement Division
CI - Criminal Intelligence Unit (gangs, etc)
CV - Commercial Vehicles Enforcement Division
[I think I've heard EP for executive protection units.. once]
[Electronic Services Unit is either ES or ESU, I can't remember]
MV - Motor Vehicles (Fleet services)
MOTOR - Motorcycles Unit
SOD - Special Operations Division (every day, SOD11 seems to be under MEMA radio control, interestingly - that's where he calls on duty/off duty)

There are also HQ vehicles and fleet vehicles that just have three digit numbers. The low ones are HQ, but you'll hear 300s, 400s, 700, etc. Those are just unassigned fleet vehicles.

The above isn't a complete list, but what I remember from memory - these are the units I've heard OTA or seen license plates for.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! Thanks!

I was listening to the activity ongoing today on the Shore and heard "CE" units on the air MSP S channel and that was the first time hearing that call sign.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I hear SOD-11 often on MEMA. I always assumed that SOD-11 is the MSP Major that is the MD FiRST Statewide Interop Coordinator.

emtLarmy15

Not necessarily true on the "fleet vehicle" thing.... Most of those are actually units that aren't assigned to something else. For example I have a friend who's in IAD (internal affairs) and he has a 700 series. I have other friends in IT who also have 700 cars... They keep the car and call sign (most of them are actually unmarked cars)

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily true on the "fleet vehicle" thing.... Most of those are actually units that aren't assigned to something else. For example I have a friend who's in IAD (internal affairs) and he has a 700 series. I have other friends in IT who also have 700 cars... They keep the car and call sign (most of them are actually unmarked cars)

Didn't know that, actually. Cool.

I hear SOD-11 often on MEMA. I always assumed that SOD-11 is the MSP Major that is the MD FiRST Statewide Interop Coordinator.

Not a bad guess... but he's not in SOD, so I've been wondering who that unit is.

Maj. Hasenei is Commander, Technology and Information Management Command, under the the Support Services Bureau.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Heard that CS on the air a few times during the Riots... 1-2 of them came up on MD TAC that I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.