University of MD Stamp Student Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

inoah1997

Hi, all,

I am very new to scanning. I have a BCD325P2 and I am trying to listen in to the University of Maryland's Stamp Student Union radio system.

Using the FCC license search, I was able to find the license for the student union, which is KUL520. That is a step in the right direction, however it seems as though they use some type of digital trunking system. I first tried to program the frequencies listed on the FCC license as conventional channels in my scanner. I was able to confirm that when one of the employees talked on her radio, there was activity on 464.475 mhz, but there was not analog voice -- I just heard constant digital noise like a control channel.

I tried programming the system in as P25 standard and Motorola UHF using Freescan software, but my scanner does not seem to be decoding the signals. I was able to mess with the settings enough so that the scanner was flashing full signal bars whenever there was a transmission on one of the channels (which seems to just be 464.475), but the scanner remained silent. In other words, the signal bars were full but there was no audio.

Do you all have any recommendations for how I can determine the type of system used so I can start hearing this system? I don't know much about scanning -- usually I just go to RadioReference to get the numbers needed to program the scanner. In this case, the Stamp Student Union information is not listed in the RadioReference database.

Thanks!

BM82557

The emission designators indicate DMR (Motorola Mototrbo)

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2_2_2017 , 15_38_38.png
    Screenshot - 2_2_2017 , 15_38_38.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

BM82557

I don't have an BCD325P2 but the RR Wiki has this for your scanner -

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2_2_2017 , 15_51_23.png
    Screenshot - 2_2_2017 , 15_51_23.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 114

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hi, all,

I am very new to scanning. I have a BCD325P2 and I am trying to listen in to the University of Maryland's Stamp Student Union radio system.

Using the FCC license search, I was able to find the license for the student union, which is KUL520. That is a step in the right direction, however it seems as though they use some type of digital trunking system. I first tried to program the frequencies listed on the FCC license as conventional channels in my scanner. I was able to confirm that when one of the employees talked on her radio, there was activity on 464.475 mhz, but there was not analog voice -- I just heard constant digital noise like a control channel.

I tried programming the system in as P25 standard and Motorola UHF using Freescan software, but my scanner does not seem to be decoding the signals. I was able to mess with the settings enough so that the scanner was flashing full signal bars whenever there was a transmission on one of the channels (which seems to just be 464.475), but the scanner remained silent. In other words, the signal bars were full but there was no audio.

Do you all have any recommendations for how I can determine the type of system used so I can start hearing this system? I don't know much about scanning -- usually I just go to RadioReference to get the numbers needed to program the scanner. In this case, the Stamp Student Union information is not listed in the RadioReference database.

Thanks!

Feel free to submit the frequency to the database.... Anyway, from the other posts on this thread, it looks like you are lucky - you can upgrade your scanner to receive DMR (for a fee.) Go to the Uniden website:

DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.