Harford Co dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommJunkie

Harford must be the only county I've ever heard in the last 15 years still dispatching with 10-codes. Anyone know where I can find the meanings?

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
10 code meanings

Harford County only uses two 10 codes for fire department. The code 10-50 refers to a motor vehicle collision and the suffix PI personal injury or PD property damage determines the type call. The second code is 10-99 which means crew requested or unattended unit or a company has been alerted for more calls then they have staffed medical units. That code is becoming less common because of many staffed ambulances. The only other MD county I know that uses 10-50 is Talbot county. Other then that most departments have switched to plan English.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County also used 10-50 (10-50 PI), up until just the last year or so.

CommJunkie

Harford County only uses two 10 codes for fire department. The code 10-50 refers to a motor vehicle collision and the suffix PI personal injury or PD property damage determines the type call. The second code is 10-99 which means crew requested or unattended unit or a company has been alerted for more calls then they have staffed medical units. That code is becoming less common because of many staffed ambulances. The only other MD county I know that uses 10-50 is Talbot county. Other then that most departments have switched to plan English.

Thanks

boatbod

Talbot typically uses "mvc" when dispatching a rescue box assignment. Their law dispatch still uses a variety of ten codes though.

10-21 : phone call, aka "public service"
10-55 : dui
10-95 : detained person
10-27/-28 /-29 : vehicle, license, warrant checks (not necessarily in that order)

Status
Not open for further replies.