Boston Fire Return codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

epersson

Feed Provider
I listen to Boston Fire sporatically and they use a return code like 411, 334, always seems to be different, and it is not the time. Does anyone know what those represent and where I can get a list of them?
Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Go to Scan New England web site and check out Garys web site in the Wiki. There are a few places at the site to look at them.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Those are National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) codes. Other departments in the area use them as well. At some point I think they will be nationwide, if they aren't already.

N1BHH

There are many departments that use them. Cambridge used to use a shortened version using only two digits, they now use the national version. You will here Brockton and any number of communities using them as time goes on. These are the only recognized codes that will be acknowledged, since the new interoperability guidelines ask for plain language usage in all radio communications.

SCPD

QRT
We use them here in Va. We use the same codes when we put reports in ESAMS or NFIRS. Even the aircraft standby when a TI-3000 is sitting on Hot Spot.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
There was an earlier thread here - someone wanted the FD codes from Waltham - he was given a couple of URLs to check IIRC - you might want to take a look at that thread

Mikejo

Waltham Fire Incedent Codes

I happened to have a few Firefighters come to where I work one day for an inspection, and I casually asked the lead Firefighter about the codes.

He told me at that time, all communities are using their own customized versions but that would be standardizing in the future.

He gave me a laminated card with Walthams codes on both sides. I copied it, took it home, and put it all into an Excel spreadsheet.

Here is an attached copy for anyone who would like Waltham Fire's codes.

(until they change)

Attachments

• Waltham Codes sideBySide 6-18-2009.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 101

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mikejo - I tried to read the zip file but it is jumbled. Maybe I dont have the correct encoding selected? Peter Sz

Mikejo

Waltham Fire Codes

You should be able to "Right Click" on the .zip file, and choose extract all files, and then select the location where you would like to put the files, click "OK" and budabing there you go!

It is an "Excel" spreadsheet file, and you need Microsquash Office to open it.

I cut and pasted it to a .txt (and formatted it a few different ways in a .Doc) file and attached it in case you still are having a problem.

Anyway, like I said, it's for Waltham, but Boston might be someting alltogether different.

Also, try this link as well:

EMBA - Fire Pages - Incident Type Codes

Mike

Attachments

• Codes.txt
    780 bytes · Views: 211
  • Waltham Fire Disposition Codes 6.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.