RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum

Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Massachusetts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 1:53 PM

"In the Massport Operations Center one of the desks is Massport Fire Alarm which dispatches the apparatus and keeps track of all the times."

Chris Lynch - do you know if that desk is staffed 24/7?
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2013, 8:26 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerg901 View Post
"In the Massport Operations Center one of the desks is Massport Fire Alarm which dispatches the apparatus and keeps track of all the times."

Chris Lynch - do you know if that desk is staffed 24/7?
From talking to a couple of my friends who work at Massport I blieve the Fire Alarm desk is staffed 24/7.
Old 01-21-2013, 4:09 PM

While in Boston I programmed Massport into the scanner ALOT of the ID's posted came up. Also about 12-14 talkgroups in the 20XX, 21XX, 22XX,26XX, and 36XX also came up, but I could not tell what they are.

Mark
Old 01-21-2013, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by investigator16 View Post
While in Boston I programmed Massport into the scanner ALOT of the ID's posted came up. Also about 12-14 talkgroups in the 20XX, 21XX, 22XX,26XX, and 36XX also came up, but I could not tell what they are.

Mark
If you know the talkgroup IDs please post them so we can identify them. Also this website may help you out, though some talkgroups may be out of date.
http://kc1ho.net/scan/massport.html
Old 01-21-2013, 6:25 PM

DUH... I am a BIG dummy. Those are some of the talkgroups that came up in search mode. I am home now, but will be back in town Feb. 10-13 for another Celtics game. I will write down all those ID's that show up. Will not spend alot of time on this system since I dont want to miss any BFD, BEMS traffic. THANKS 23 I would never thought to look there. I thought I programmed the system wrong but 859.4375 showed as a CC.

Mark
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

There is also a talk group for the on airport shuttle buses. Or rather I should say that they use a trunked radio system and since they are operated by MassPort I'm guessing that they use the trunk system. Not very busy from what I've observed riding the buses.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM

23... The site you posted was last updated on 12/14/2004 so I thought it was out dated. RR & SNE do not have those talkgroups. If you want I can listen to the system and write down the ID's that pop up, but can not tell who they are. Let me know. Son and I will be at a Celtics game one night, and he will go to the Briuns game.

Mark
Old 01-22-2013, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by investigator16 View Post
23... The site you posted was last updated on 12/14/2004 so I thought it was out dated. RR & SNE do not have those talkgroups. If you want I can listen to the system and write down the ID's that pop up, but can not tell who they are. Let me know. Son and I will be at a Celtics game one night, and he will go to the Briuns game.

Mark
Yes it is a old site most of the info on it is somewhat correct only a few talkgroups have changed/added over a past few years.
Old 02-06-2013, 5:30 PM

Massport has been updated at SNE. You can not get better list anywhere. It shows the ID's that I found but did not know what they were. Very nice job by N1BHH.

Mark

Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default MassPort Logan Fire

Thanks for the updates. Also with this upcoming storm hopefully it will give us a chance to verify more of the unidentified talk groups. Since I am out of range of the Massport TRS if there is anybody that could use unitrunker during the storm that would be great. Have a feeling that most of the comms will be on ops 1 and ops 2.
Old 02-08-2013, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch_Christopher View Post
Thanks for the updates. Also with this upcoming storm hopefully it will give us a chance to verify more of the unidentified talk groups. Since I am out of range of the Massport TRS if there is anybody that could use unitrunker during the storm that would be great. Have a feeling that most of the comms will be on ops 1 and ops 2.
I will put it in tonight for you, Emergency 1, 2 and facilities are usually the most active during storms from my past experience listening.
Old 02-08-2013, 2:14 PM

So far weather related traffic on

Facilities 1 - Street Side Plow Ops
Facilities 2 - Ramp Side Plow Logistics
Ops 1 - Inspectors and Plow Logistics
Emergency 1 - Runway Plow Ops
Emergency 2- Plow??
Old 02-08-2013, 4:09 PM

During previous major storms I have also heard snow removal activity on the Logan FD conventional frequency 854.9625 D 365 mostly in simplex mode. That was a few years ago now, of course we haven't had any major snow storms in a few years. Nothing there yet today but is sounds like the snow removal is just starting to ramp up now.

Gordon