narrow banding

Status
Not open for further replies.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
Can we start a list, and does anyone know what freq have switched to narrowband? I have started switching my radios over, but it sounds horrible when I get a wideband st for narrow band. To start the list, I would guess that Woburn PD has swithched to narrowband when they installed the new digital multi-site repeater system.

Thanks

JT

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you set the mode to "Auto" you won't have to worry about it since the scanner will determine if it's wide or narrow. All radios made since about 1996 must include narrow band and no radios currently produced will do wide band. Digital is by definition narrow band. Narrow band audio is generally lower than wide band and coverage might also decrease so it won't sound as good.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
I am referring mostly to programming my commercial radios. So Step 1 (as I suspected) is that ALL p25 digital channels are narrow band (7.5 kHz dev off the top of my head). Would that be correct? That will cover most of New Hampshire anyway. Part 2 is really what analog channels have switched to narrow? I am having sound problems with some of my radios. I am guessing that the reason for the problem is that I am set for wide band on a narrow freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.