Massachusetts Buff Agencies restructuring in DB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
The RR listing for Massachusetts Buff Agencies Massachusetts Buff Agencies Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference has all their frequencies and repeaters geo-tagged as a large area covering Masachusetts, Rhode Island, southern New Hampshire, parts of Vermont, Maine, New York and most of Connecticut. I'm considering breaking it up into departments with each having its own geographical center and range which would keep location-based scanners from trying to receive these frequencies when out of their intended area of coverage.

I'd like to solicit information from the Massachusetts scanner users on which frequencies should be located in what zones and their areas of intended coverage. For example, right now a scanner with GPS input would still try to receive the Boston area FRS repeater even if traveling in Bridgeport, CT or almost to Albany, NY. This is clearly too broad a range for this little repeater. I'm often plagued by weak, scratchy reception of these systems when I'm clearly not within the intended reception area they cover.

I want to start cleaning this system up. Please respond here or by submitting updates for the system so that I (or another DB Admin) can update the frequencies and geo-tags to more accurately reflect the actual system configuration.

Thanks

Bob in Worcester - MA db Admin

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
464.90 R seems to have good coverage from Bellingham to Lynn for portables on the street - repeater seems to be in a very high spot in Boston or nearby

464.20 R seems to have good coverage in the Woburn area

463.55 R and 463.85 R might both be located on very high spots in Boston

These 4 seem to have good coverage within 30 mile radius - none seem to reach to Worcester however

RKG

OK, I made changes to the Buff Agencies today. If you see any errors in frequencies or locations I chose, please let me know. Massachusetts Buff Agencies Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

1) You might change "Buff Agencies" to something like "Buff Organizations" or "Buff Groups." "Agency" implies some official authority, while most of these groups are entirely private.

2) 462.725, formerly MRS F1, has been off the air for some time. 463.850 is MRS F1 (and only).

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Bob,

There are several tickets for MA RR DB Buff changes/updates , that I have left open for you to tackle when you get a chance.

-- Mike

bobbuff

Feed Provider
you have 471.4625 listed as providence citywide north, this is the old tac 9 and is not used by providence citywide anymore

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all your submissions. All handled. Please look them over to see if it meets with your needs. I deleted the old Providence one completely and made some minor changes to the others. Also deleted the area-wide subcategory when I moved FRS-1 into the Boston Metro subcategory.

Bob - KB1VUA

Status
Not open for further replies.