Mass - Brockton Fire narrowbanding today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafirebuff

Brockton fire will be narrowbanding their fleet today until 1400 local.

Fire channel 1 will be out of service until ~ 1400. So far there have been some lengthy dead carriers.

Primary Operations shall be conducted on Fire channel 2, which will be cross banded to county channel 1 for mutual aid use

Fireground operations shall be conducted on channel 4, which will be cross banded to county channel 2 for mutual aid use

Happy listening

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
215 PM they did a radio rollcall and went back to normal radio channel usage

two tone pager signal - attention all stations - switch mobiles and portables back to Channel 1 - radio test in 5 minutes

Squad A mobile - Squad A Officer - Squad A 1 - Squad A 2 - Squad A3 - (this is the pumper at downtown)

Ladder 1 mobile - Ladder 1 officer - Ladder 1 A alpha - Ladder 1 B bravo - Ladder 1 C Charlie

E2 L2 E3 E4 Twr1 E5 E7 all follow the Ladder 1 scheme

Car 56 - 56 Alpha - 56 Alpha 2 - duty Chief / deputy Chief and aid

high low warble - "test of Emergency Alert Tone" - "any portable that received the emergency alert tone reset your radios by turning them off and back on"

1438 PM - 2 tone pager signal - "narrowbanding complete - return to normal radio procedures"

Can the dispatcher send out a honk that makes all the portable radios beep or wail or something?

Some other radios tested were - Tower 2 MP - Car 61 - Truck 72 - Signal Van 75 - Car 62 - Car 65 - TSU - Special Ops - Car 60 - "Executive Officer" - Car 81

bobbuff

Feed Provider
I was the dispatcher and what happened was a test of the "radio emergency button" was conducted. That send an alert to certain chief office portable radios and it has to be manually reset either by turning the radio off and on or by holding the emergency button down for an extended period of time

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
Bobbuff, I think you and the other FA Operator did a hell of a job under (or over) the circumstances and chaos that was taking place in the "shop" downstairs. I hope all goes as smooth with my transition. I think as long as Deputy "whats his name", oh ya the one that drives the red van S-1 is involved it should be OK. Ill bring the donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.