MCI-Concord 800Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

neia7

As of last week, MCI-Concord, the medium security prison has now switched over to the 800 Mhz band. Does anybody know the specific frequency yet and are they still low power or are they patched in with MSP now?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I believe they are now on the MSP TRS. The long-term plan is to have all state agencies on this system. This makes it possible for them to have statewide radio coverage, and to be on the same platform as the MSP.

73's

Ron

gordon115

Try talk group 37168 on MSP zones 5 & 8. That TG first showed up around the time zone 8 was rebanded this spring. It's fairly active and may be corrections related. There does seem to be more activity on zone 8 than on zone 5.

Gordon

ecps92

I thought 37168 was ID'd as Worcester Cnty SO

Try talk group 37168 on MSP zones 5 & 8. That TG first showed up around the time zone 8 was rebanded this spring. It's fairly active and may be corrections related. There does seem to be more activity on zone 8 than on zone 5.

Gordon

ecps92

Shirley and Bridgewater have been the only two sites for DOC online for years...

This would be a new Development

As of last week, MCI-Concord, the medium security prison has now switched over to the 800 Mhz band. Does anybody know the specific frequency yet and are they still low power or are they patched in with MSP now?

neia7

Yes, I know a few people that work there and they all received brand new Motorola radios and were told that they are now on the 800mhz band.

ecps92

No New 800 Signals near Concord or Around.

No New TG's seen on Zone 5, are these guys in the Transportation Unit which has been using the MSP 800 for some years now.

Didn't have time to spend searching the 453/460 band for the old Rptrs

ka1fgy

Premium Subscriber
First time poster here.

I know that this is an old thread, but I haven't found any more recent loggings so...

I work at a location adjacent to MCI Concord and have spent the past couple of lunch times trying to find these new freqs. I've found them on frequencies previously reported for MCI Shirley: 852.1125 and 853.325.
852.1125 is by far the most active, with three-digit unit callsigns in the 100 and 200 ranges. The less active 853.325 frequency uses three-digit callsigns in the 800 range. My speculation at this point is that this second frequency is for the neighboring Northeast Correctional Center.

I'll try to get more detailed info like talkgroups, tones, etc. but wanted to post this initial info.

ecps92

See what you get for a Control Channel, and then the SysID and Zone/Site.

I've gone up there more than a few times and have not found an 800 CC in-use for Concord.

If you get a PL/DPL then likely it's Conventional, altho licensed as a Trunk

Keep us informed, a good find

First time poster here.

I know that this is an old thread, but I haven't found any more recent loggings so...

I work at a location adjacent to MCI Concord and have spent the past couple of lunch times trying to find these new freqs. I've found them on frequencies previously reported for MCI Shirley: 852.1125 and 853.325.
852.1125 is by far the most active, with three-digit unit callsigns in the 100 and 200 ranges. The less active 853.325 frequency uses three-digit callsigns in the 800 range. My speculation at this point is that this second frequency is for the neighboring Northeast Correctional Center.

I'll try to get more detailed info like talkgroups, tones, etc. but wanted to post this initial info.

ka1fgy

Premium Subscriber
It sure looks like a conventional system:

1. No control channels to be found.

2. No activity on any other DOC frequencies (so far).

3. CTCSS of 156.7 on both 852.1125 and 853.325

If anything else pops up, I'll update this thread.

ecps92

PL confirms it then as Analog Conventional.

Good find :wink:

It sure looks like a conventional system:

1. No control channels to be found.

2. No activity on any other DOC frequencies (so far).

3. CTCSS of 156.7 on both 852.1125 and 853.325

If anything else pops up, I'll update this thread.

ka1fgy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bill. I've benefitted a lot from other people's research. Happy to be able to give back a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.