Topsfield Fair Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFFRON31

Premium Subscriber
These are the frequencies used by the fire and police at the fairgrounds during the fair. They are not repeated so they only work if you a close by.

Topsfield Fire fair ops
851.5125 156.7 PL

Topsfield Police fair ops
852.0125 156.7 PL

ecps92

Any info on Fairground Ops ?? vs the Public Safety ??

So looks like PD/FD are using 8TAC91D and 8TAC92D (D = Direct)

These are the frequencies used by the fire and police at the fairgrounds during the fair. They are not repeated so they only work if you a close by.

Topsfield Fire fair ops
851.5125 156.7 PL

Topsfield Police fair ops
852.0125 156.7 PL

SOFFRON31

Premium Subscriber
not sure on fair ops i only know what the pd and fd are using down there.

gordon115

Earlier this morning during the fair kick-off parade there appeared to be some transmissions about traffic conditions in Topsfield Center (Washington & High Streets) on 853.9625 "MSP Direct". The fact that I could hear them from my location means they were probably originating from a base station or command post.

Gordon

SCPD

QRT
hello all i wasat the fair most all day today. this is what i found and working good 851.5125 852.0125 and 461.5125 like i said all working good not as acttive as i like but o well please post if u find more info thanks guys.

SCPD

QRT
461.5125 security and maintence.i found them by serching. i have this fealing there still useing vhv will find out more when i get back to the fair pos tomorrow.151 to 154.

SCPD

QRT
sorry im not too good at this.i dontknow a pl/dpl from a doa.i can onley tell you 851.5125 and 852.0125 are working good.for pd and fd.pluss 461.5125. all 3 r working for me.not too much info from them but its def them. hope this helps. thanks.any0ne with more info please let me know thanks guys

SCPD

QRT
please new info needed

going to topsfield next weekend doed any one know if theres any change in sec radio freq last year theywere useing 851.5125 852.0125 and 461.5125 please would someone who knows if theres a change this year post.any new info thanks guys

ecps92

It's always worth having ALL the Interop Channels available in one bank for the OMG Events.
Since there are only 5 800 Mhz interops, put them all in.
going to topsfield next weekend doed any one know if theres any change in sec radio freq last year theywere useing 851.5125 852.0125 and 461.5125 please would someone who knows if theres a change this year post.any new info thanks guys

kjl13

QRT
Hello, I am currently resident of Topsfield.

I just came across this thread while doing some research.
To my understanding, the normal police frequency is 453.975 with an offset of +005.000 with a pl tone of 74.4

I did some research on the frequency 852.0125 and it came back licensed to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Is anyone aware if the police fully switch over to that frequency during the fair? Or if anyone has any other information regarding the Topsfield Fair's frequencies or the frequencies uses by the town during this time. As the fair is coming up in a few months, I would like to have the info so I can check this out during the most active time of year for the town.

If anyone has any questions regarding the normal Topsfield PD frequency, let me know.

--
Best Regards,
-kjl

EDIT:

I found some information on this frequency, it is supposedly called the 8-tac frequencies used by the state, let me know if anyone has any info.:
https://gyazo.com/00639b32bf6ea3e4aa6255f86ff6dad1

Last edited:

ecps92

As the Fair is a large event, involving multiple LE Agencies, the MSP/MEMA likely have an on-scene CP where they have the Interops patched for Operations.

Quite similar to the BAA, 4th of July, Head of the Charles and other large gathering/wide area events
Hello, I am currently resident of Topsfield.

I just came across this thread while doing some research.
To my understanding, the normal police frequency is 453.975 with an offset of +005.000 with a pl tone of 74.4

I did some research on the frequency 852.0125 and it came back licensed to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Is anyone aware if the police fully switch over to that frequency during the fair? Or if anyone has any other information regarding the Topsfield Fair's frequencies or the frequencies uses by the town during this time. As the fair is coming up in a few months, I would like to have the info so I can check this out during the most active time of year for the town.

If anyone has any questions regarding the normal Topsfield PD frequency, let me know.

--
Best Regards,
-kjl

EDIT:

I found some information on this frequency, it is supposedly called the 8-tac frequencies used by the state, let me know if anyone has any info.:
https://gyazo.com/00639b32bf6ea3e4aa6255f86ff6dad1

kjl13

QRT
Ok.

Do you know if the frequeny would have changed from past years? Or if when the fair is happening if there is an easy way to identify which frequeny they are using.

Also, I noticed that a person talking about the frequeny they used for operations said that they were not using a repeater, if the police are using this during the fair, how do they have contact with dispatch or have to respond to something farther away in the town how would they have radio signal? Do you think they still use the normal frequency for stuff further away?(453.975) Keep in mind, dispatch is in a town over.

I also have one more question. What is the point of using this frequeny, why not just use the normal police frequeny on the repeater?

Best Regads,
kjl

As the Fair is a large event, involving multiple LE Agencies, the MSP/MEMA likely have an on-scene CP where they have the Interops patched for Operations.

Quite similar to the BAA, 4th of July, Head of the Charles and other large gathering/wide area events

gordon115

My observations from attending the fair is that they are simplex for both PD & FD.

For the PD it gives them interop capability with the MSP which is often involved with traffic control on Route 1 and sometimes have officers on the fairgrounds. Based on my observations while attending the fair there is often detail officers from multiple local departments working the fair grounds. This puts everyone on the same frequency.

The FD frequency appears to be used for coordinating EMS incidents and some inspection activities.

Gordon

kjl13

QRT
So to be clear, they still use the normal PD frequency for normal ops?

My observations from attending the fair is that they are simplex for both PD & FD.

For the PD it gives them interop capability with the MSP which is often involved with traffic control on Route 1 and sometimes have officers on the fairgrounds. Based on my observations while attending the fair there is often detail officers from multiple local departments working the fair grounds. This puts everyone on the same frequency.

The FD frequency appears to be used for coordinating EMS incidents and some inspection activities.

Gordon

ecps92

Lots of towns with large scale events will
a. Have dedicated event channels [Mansfield, Foxboro etc]
b. Rely on the Interop Channels for the mutual aid [out of town assistance] coordination

Channels may change, depending on who assigned them at the State level.
Generally, only 1 or 2 are avail in each County, to prevent interference to an adjacent/adjoining county who might also have an event occuring

Best to put them ALL - VHF, UHF, 800 and now 700
you never know what will occur.
Ok.

Do you know if the frequeny would have changed from past years? Or if when the fair is happening if there is an easy way to identify which frequeny they are using.

Also, I noticed that a person talking about the frequeny they used for operations said that they were not using a repeater, if the police are using this during the fair, how do they have contact with dispatch or have to respond to something farther away in the town how would they have radio signal? Do you think they still use the normal frequency for stuff further away?(453.975) Keep in mind, dispatch is in a town over.

I also have one more question. What is the point of using this frequeny, why not just use the normal police frequeny on the repeater?

Best Regads,
kjl

Status
Not open for further replies.