Cannot hear Wareham MA. Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivewireMTB

Could someone please explain to me why I cannot hear the Wareham MA. Police on my Pro-95 Scanner ?

I have recently moved to Wareham and have not heard anything from the local frequencies.
I have been using the Pro-95 for a few years, and have not had any problems hearing other southeastern towns..

Thank You,
Mike

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm hearing it loud and clear from Cape Cod as I type this. 484.4375? It appears you're in Wareham and if you're hearing other departments I guess you have an antenna attached to the scanner. It's a PRO-95 so there is no issue with the wrong PL code being programmed.

LivewireMTB

Thank you scancapecod... but my issue is that i cannot hear anything out of my scanner since I have moved to Wareham.
I have recently moved to Wareham from Bridgewater, While in bridgewater I could hear all of the local towns without any problem.
I am trying to hear The Wareham frequencies and cannot get any traffic at all... from anyone
I guess what my question is.... is there something special about Wareham's frequencies that hide them from my Pro-95 ?????

-Mike

N1BHH

Go through your channels manually and be sure the frequencies are entered correctly. Also have you tried entering the weather channels to see that you can hear them? What are you hearing, what are you not hearing?

ecps92

a.) So you moved - since the move
1. - You can't Hear Wareham or 2. - Your Scanner doesn't hear anything else

If #1 - did you check your Lock-outs
If #2 - did you try the NWS

Also, what do you have programmed (include Freq, PL, DPL, NAC) for Wareham

Could someone please explain to me why I cannot hear the Wareham MA. Police on my Pro-95 Scanner ?

I have recently moved to Wareham and have not heard anything from the local frequencies.
I have been using the Pro-95 for a few years, and have not had any problems hearing other southeastern towns..

Thank You,
Mike

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The PRO-95 doesn't support PL decoding so that's not an issue. I too would be interested to know if you're hearing NOAA Weather Radio for starters. From your location try 162.550 and 162.400. If you're hearing them let us know. If not, maybe another problem exists.

I can hear Wareham PD just fine from here using one of the $20 RTL2832U dongles, you should certainly hear them from where you are, even in your basement, if all of your equipment and programming is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.