Central Mass PS Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Just wondering what this group does? I read they're website. It says they provide radios and frequencies also. Is that all they do? Is it worth putting in their frequencies? Or should I leave them out?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Google them and you will see some interesting articles. Recently they were trying to solicit business to provide patrol services to radio/tower sites.

I know out east they have ran into issues with local LE and EMS.

At one point they had several cars decked out with lights and radios that looked like police vehicles under the guise that they provide first aid services, patrol, etc. Never got a straight answer on what they are suppose to do - and their point man gets defensive when you ask questions.

http://masscops.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-mr-baril-of-cmpsa.84544/page-5
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-mad-4_12-cv-40142/pdf/USCOURTS-mad-4_12-cv-40142-0.pdf
http://www.scribd.com/doc/101479304/Corrupt-Public-Records-Division-First-Person-POV
http://www.masscorruption.info/entertainment/PublicRecords_Uxbridge_090308_Freitas.pdf
http://www.masscorruption.info/PublicRecords_RMV-Evidence_CharlesBlairSutherland.htm
http://www.masscorruption.info/entertainment/PublicRecords_FBI_041709.pdf

Last edited:

cmpsa

KB1UAM & PJH:

Answering PJH's post - a) there were no so called issues, b) any & all matters past & present were/are non-existant, and c) us "soliciting business to provide patrol services to radio/tower sites" is not a true statement. PJH, who must work in the law enforcement field, is obviously on top of things (up to date on CMPSA facts) as he has found a wealth of public records that show what tried to happen to us, and the pending civil lawsuit against the Town of Uxbridge for spreading the rumors, which PJH just properly reported (there is your answer on what is happening to the public officials that started it all), and the individual named personally abruptly retired, once he was served by the sheriff, according to Town of Uxbridge public records.

and 2nd item for PJH: "the point man get defensive when you ask questions". I would not say defensive, but we would know that truthful facts of ourselves, and thank you for sharing the links proving someone else lied, and it was never us.

In addition, masscorruption.info also displays website content of State employees (some of which include certain employees of MA Environmental Police) & others posting slanderous comments on a website called masscops.com. That website lists, from State public records, the State employees that engaged themselves participating in an unethical matter, and backfired on them.

To answer KB1UAM's question: the non-profit charitable corporation is a disaster relief organization that provides emergency disaster services to the public safety sector (EMS, fire & police) as well as the private sector. The organization is all about radio communications, which is its primary goal, to provide caches of deployable radio systems (public safety & private) in times of need.

and I don't know too many law enforcement personnel that would be dumb enough to fabricate documents to a public records request and say this is what the Boston FBI office sent me, when it doen't match the real Boston FBI records. This Federal Freedom of Information Act (FIA) result also proved the FBI Special Agent was also allegedly corrupt, as he was dumb enough to fax the FBI corruption complaint to the suspect, whom was under investigation by his own co-workers. So he tipped off the suspect to avoid getting caught by his co-workers.

Additional Note: Certain State employees the differences between us has been resolved years ago (which is why they are not listed as being sued), and we get along in a professional relationship now more than ever.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Well, I wasn't going to respond to this thread as it may not be the most appropriate forum for this, but since your group does appear here every so often, I will ask the following questions and my thoughts.

Question 1:
Under which MGL does is your group allowed to operate under?

Question 2:
Do you self dispatch to incidents, or are you on an official callout list maintained by a municipal, state or federal agency?

Question 3:
Do you have any official MOU's with any local, state or federal agencies? If so, which?

Question 4:
Have you ever been asked by a local, state or federal agency to respond to an incident? If so, what was your role or roles? Are you reimbursed for your costs with the standard incident response plans by such agencies?

Question 5:
Are you properly licensed, bonded and insured for your activities? What are you legally able to perform?

Question 6:
What exactly is the role of your group? In the past your website in various revisions and other interweb discussions has stated that you are: Event security, event first aid, traffic control, communications support, security/patrol services and possibly a few others that I cannot recall. If any of those - again, under what MGL or regulation are you operating under and are you certified to perform such services? What are the license numbers that can be verified with the state online licensing services?

Question 7:
What services does your group offer that local or regional responders cannot provide or perform? What can you do that the Red Cross, Salvation Army, mutual aid or State EMA cannot offer?

Question 8:
Under what authority does your group operate under that allows the use of lights and sirens on your vehicles? Are you properly permitted and by whom? Many "disaster" groups - such as the Red Cross and Salvation Army do not equip their vehicles as such as long term services are not of an immediate life endangered situations. Being that you’re advertising your services as a communications group, I have yet to be at an incident that communications needs were so great that we needed a vehicle to respond in the emergency mode.

Question 9:
What gain or purpose is it to attempt to gain personnel/attendance records of various law enforcement officers?

Thinking out loud:

Based on what I have read on the interwebs, news articles, FOI documents and other sources, I can see why there is great distrust and lack of respect for your group. You and/or your members operate vehicles (personal or otherwise) that are equipped with lights/sirens/radios and marked as such that to the lay person that you are a law enforcement agency. This would raise a red flag with any competent law enforcement officer.

What did you or members of your group do to attract so much attention from law enforcement. I am pretty sure it’s not "light envy".

A name change to "Central Ma Disaster Services" or "Disaster Services Inc" or simlar and keeping the group out of LE/FIRE/EMS/Safety quasi offical looking vehicles or name would also help. Don't try to mimic a local resource or cause confusion with the general public.

In addition, you state the my statement about performing patrol services is false:
"...and c) us "soliciting business to provide patrol services to radio/tower sites" is not a true statement."

In fact, on Jan 2, 2012 in a certain message group, cmpsa1@gmail.com (your email address) posted the following:

"Hello All:

I manage a Massachusetts non-profit organization (Corporation) that does emergency disaster relief services to public safety & private businesses. The non-profit continues to grow by leaps & bounds, year after year.

Anyhow, under Massachusetts General Laws a non-profit public charitable corporation, such as us, is allowed to operate & perform security work, including having security guards (unarmed or armed) to perform security duties that benefit citizens, the community as a whole and the general good of health & safety of others in the Commonwealth.

We started up our "Security Division" a few years back, and have part-time security guards that do small private business contracts and a few security details at sporting events. One of our private business contracts is for a new car dealership. They had thefts of new car parts, etc. and we provide a service and in return the dealership "donates" a financial amount on a weekly basis to the non-profit that covers our costs, volunteer staff, company vehicle usage & fuel, etc.

So rather than paying a for-profit business, they get an IRS 501(c)(3) tax deductible write off for the non-profit security work.

So my question is this: We have given some thoughts of offering a security patrol service, with corporate motor vehicles, and also to include a security regional dispatch center atop a mountaintop, that can monitor cameras 24/7/365 (via internet connections, etc). This entire project would be specific to communications tower site owners, etc.

We don't have any donation rates set up yet, but just wanted to toss the concept/idea out there to see what folks think.?.

and.. The non-profit currently owns its own fleet of VHF repeater systems, some which have P25 AES encryption, for privacy (security usage).

Respectfully Submitted,
Mike
Massachusetts"

I am not a laywer, but that looks pretty close to being vailed as a way to turn a profit without being a for profit corporation. Again, not a tax attorney but the wording is suspect.

Your demeanor in dealing with state and local officials greatly speaks volume to your personality and state of mind. You might be the nicest guy or the next serial rapist...I don't know - but in email exchanges when you’re calling state officials liars and disparaging names, etc - any credibility goes right out the window. If I saw such an email, I'd most likely hit the delete button and would not respond to such attacks.

If you feel so wronged, hire a competent attorney and press your case forward. With your demeanor in emails, I wouldn't try to do your own legal work.

At the end of the day, if your group is doing something that you’re not supposed to be doing - you’re still not going to be able to do it, plain and simple. I cannot imagine too many agencies what would want to be affiliated with your group given all the issues it has had over the years. It seems to me that much of the "heat" has been brought upon the group by you and/or the member’s actions. No amount of lawsuits, emails and going to the press is going to erase this.

The damage has already been done and it’s time to move on. No matter how you spin it, the "they are picking on me" routine just doesn't seem to work anymore. There is much more going on that I can find and that your not telling us. Unfortunatly it seemed like a good idea with good intentions has spiraled down out of control into an obsession with no hope of having a postive outcome.

Last edited:

cmpsa

Mr. PJH:

I & we don't have to justify ourselves being in business, and nor do I have to give you our inside details on daily operations. and why is it that you are telling us, or suggesting us to change our name? We don't work for you, and nor do you control us. Just thought I'd let you know of that. and you are saying we are law enforcement? It's only the posts on masscops.com that suggest that.?.

In regards to any security-type work. There is a simple answer, read MGL Chapter 147; Section 23, paragraph 2.

SECTION 23. NECESSITY OF LICENSE; EXCEPTIONS.

No person shall engage in, advertise or hold himself out as being engaged in, nor solicit private detective business or the business of watch, guard or patrol agency, notwithstanding the name or title used in describing such business, unless licensed for such purpose as provided in section twenty-five.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to an agent, employee or assistant of a licensee, to any corporation, if its resident manager, superintendent or official representative is a licensee, nor to the following:-

1. A person employed by or on behalf of the Commonwealth, including the general court or either of its branches, any committee of the general court or either of its branches, any special commission required to report to the general court, any political subdivision of the Commonwealth or any public instrumentality, while such person is engaged in the discharge of his official duties.

2. A Charitable, philanthropic or law enforcement agency, duly incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth, or any agent thereof while he is engaged in the discharge of his duties as such agent; provided, that such agency is promoted and maintained for the public good and not for private profit.

3. A person employed as an investigaor......................

----
Question 9: State public records law applies to anyone in municipal or state government, so there is nothing wrong with with taxpayers asking for your work related time sheets, or other city/town records. In addition, State law states citizens don't even have to give a reason for their public record request.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much the answer I expected. Any firm that wants to maintain, establish or seek new business could provide references of work and utility.

So with that said, the questions on your deployments and roles isn't a matter of business secrets. If I wanted you in my employ, what references of your capabilities could you provide.

Also, based on the citied MGL, look at some of the case law and exceptions, you may find that your group would be very borderline of the intent of the law - but thats for the lawyers to hash out.

cmpsa

Our professional relationships (public safety & private) call us on the telephone via the public number on our website, then we set up meetings and maybe sign agreements. Those past & present agreements are not public info. We don't use bulletin board forums like here, to conduct interviews, etc. You want to inquire, call our corporate headquarters toll-free number.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Relationships of this nature is not restricted with public safety agenices. I could care less about private agencies. Name us one municipal department that would call you if the need arises.

Question 9: State public records law applies to anyone in municipal or state government, so there is nothing wrong with with taxpayers asking for your work related time sheets, or other city/town records. In addition, State law states citizens don't even have to give a reason for their public record request.

So why would CMASA be interested in such records in the course of their business? Or is it you with an axe to grind? Very interesting in the least..

http://www.masscorruption.info/TrooperSanchez2a.htm

Not my photo, but you guys haven't made many friends it seems

Attachments

• coward.jpg
    coward.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,153
Last edited:

cmpsa

hmm. That police report was tossed out in court, so it wasn't valid evidence. and that picture is the one from masscops.com, that you, also as a user on that website, someone has posted/uploaded (after photoshoping it).

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

It may have been tossed out in a court of law (probably on some stupid technicality) but here in the court of public opinion you guys are a crew of police academy flunkies trying like hell to look official. Around my way you would be met with far more scrutiny by real law enforcement agencies. Stay up there in weird-a** mass...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Actually again, you are incorrect. I am not a member of that website nor have I been. Just some good detective work.

The link I posted to the incident report is just that. An incident report. It is not an application for an arrest warrant or search warrant.

What I didn't post and I could not find (yet) was the adjudication of he tickets you and another member received for unauthorized use of red lights.

central150

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

It may have been tossed out in a court of law (probably on some stupid technicality) but here in the court of public opinion you guys are a crew of police academy flunkies trying like hell to look official. Around my way you would be met with far more scrutiny by real law enforcement agencies. Stay up there in weird-a** mass...

Don't be hatin' on Massachusetts and our whackers!! :)

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I won't even bother replying directly to this fool, as he is clearly beyond help. Instead I hope this can serve as a cautionary tale to anyone considering following his path.

Let's start off with certifications.
-NIMS ICS. Specifically, 100, 200, 700, and 800. Click me.
-APCO Radio Technician. Click me.
-FCC GROL. Click me.
If you don't at least have ICS certs you have zero credibility with any public safety agency. Period. You can be a top-tier Motorola expert with an encyclopedic knowledge of your local public safety radio systems, but it won't do you a damn bit of good without ICS. APCO Tech and GROL are not required per se, but will help cement your reputation along with ICS as they show dedication and commitment - something the aforementioned individuals clearly do not have.

If your daily driver vehicle is a police vehicle with ANY kind of markings or emergency equipment installed, you instantly lose credibility with any public safety agency. Period. Again, knowledge and technical background cut zero mustard here - even if you are a certified FF/EMT or police officer your colleagues will never completely take you seriously. The real pros leave the woo-woo crap put up and only pull it out when absolutely required to do so.

For the most part, established public safety organizations DO NOT want your help, and will only accept it begrudgingly when ordered to do so. Look at the after-action report of any large-scale multi-agency incident where communications were called into question - even the pros cant get it right because their served agencies refuse to play outside of their little sandbox fiefdoms. If the people with real credentials can't make it work, what makes you think a bunch of hams have any chance of saving the day?

This guy and his crew are shining examples of people who want all the privileges and trappings of public service, but want to put forth absolutely none of the effort required - in short, a pack of tools. Get your certs, go to work for a REAL agency, and spend a decade or so building a reputation - then and only then do you have a shot.

Oh, and one final passing comment - sneakers, shorts, and T-shirts are absolutely the wrong thing to wear to an event. Remember that you are serving the public and put some damn effort into your appearance.

blueonesparky

Premium Subscriber
To answer your original question....

Hi Anthony. If I remember your reasons for monitoring public safety frequencies I would suggest leaving their channels out of your radio or programming them into their own group and leaving it locked out for normal scanning.

I used to be a member of CMPSA when it started out and it was essentially a group of volunteers that helped with radio communication at various events and also had a first-aid component to it. At some point their focus moved and it went in a direction in which I was not terribly interested in following and I the organization fell off my radar. People can change and organizations can change so what they are today is anyone's guess. I know the CMPSA user on here seems to be rather defensive of the "what do you do" question posed by PJH, but I do ask that you try to see the original question for what it was and not a hostile attack on the credibility of your organization. UMJ simply was trying to find out what you do, beyond what seems like the rather cryptic explanations he has found on other sites, to see how your frequencies may or may not bolster his ability to keep his finger on the pulse of emergency operations in his listening area.

That being said, when I was a part of the organization, their frequencies were only really useful for monitoring if you were interested in whatever aspect of a specific event they were specifically tasked with performing. Think of it like an ARES Public Service event for a road race or a bike race, but with business or public safety band radios instead of HAM radios. Listening to Ham Radio at the Boston Marathon (this past year not included) is not terribly good at giving you the "big picture" of what is going on. It's great if you want to know where the busses are going in the Wellesley area or what the Medical Sweep teams are doing near the finish line, but unless you are a part of the operation, "Med Tent B needs more thermal blankets from Medical Supply" isn't all that interesting.

Making the assumption that the group does largely the same thing that they used to do before I parted ways with them... and CMPSA User can correct this assumption if he so wishes... If you KNOW CMPSA will be handling a specific part of an event and you are interested in that part of the event you might want to sidetone them for additional color commentary. For official info and "big picture" type info I would stick to the known local and state public safety frequencies as a primary source of data.

blueonesparky

Premium Subscriber
Not my photo, but you guys haven't made many friends it seems

Seriously PJH?!? That photo is from the late 90's and I wish people would stop propagating it. When that photo was taken, a good number of the members were young people who had a serious and well intentioned interest in helping others through communication and first-aid when appropriate and not cowardly at all. That sounds to me like a rather noble thing to want to do and a type of citizenship that should be encouraged... not mocked. Would you post a photo of a local CERT team and label it "COWARDS?" At the time, this group was doing nothing more than what a CERT team or ARES team might do to help keep an event organized and safe. They helped track participants in road, bike or canoe races and they were there with the permission or at the request of the people running the events. No freelancing.
At some point in their youth nearly everyone who is currently in public safety wanted one of two things... to help others or to have power over others and be a bully. Clearly one should be fostered and the other guarded against with due dilligence.
I've read the message boards and a lot of the material on the recent woes of CMPSA and some of its members. You and CMPSA User can open a new thread and debate the nuances of what was wrong and what was right... how the west was won or lost.. Not getting into what was right or wrong, some of the people you are painting with a very broad brush had joined and parted ways with the group well before it became anything even close to controversial and people got upset about lights, license plates, sirens and badges (or so I read in some of the links that I found.) The more you make fun of the people who want to help, the more they will decide to move on to other pursuits... leaving the power trippers and the bullies in their wake to fill the vacuum.

'Nuff said. NOW close the thread. :-D

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You missed the part that the photo came up on an internet search. I've found others, but I have other unretouched photo's from the 2000's.

As a question, why not hook up with a ham or REACT group at the time that was already established that do these type of events? Why reinvent the wheel?

Attachments

• ocu_1.jpg
    ocu_1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,036

SCES

Our professional relationships (public safety & private) call us on the telephone via the public number on our website, then we set up meetings and maybe sign agreements. Those past & present agreements are not public info. We don't use bulletin board forums like here, to conduct interviews, etc. You want to inquire, call our corporate headquarters toll-free number.

Actuallyyyyyyy... Being a non-profit charity, within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you must be registered with the Attorney Generals office - The "PUBLIC Charities" Division. Any citizen having concerns of your organization, can certainly request any information that they wish from the AGO.

And on a side note, with being a PUBLIC CHARITY - you are doing a hell of a job representing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.