MBTA transit Police Now on Mass 800 trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Saw over on scan New England that the MBTA Transit Police has now turned off the uhf repeaters and have now moved over to the MSP800 trunked system. Saw reports that they can be heard on multiple zones such as 1,3,5 and 8.

ecps92

Incorrect - the UHF is still VERY Active

What was posted was that the MBTA 800 Augmentation has gone live with some 800 TG's now being active.

At this time it appears to NOT be simulcast as traffic on T-Band is not being heard on the 800

Saw over on scan New England that the MBTA Transit Police has now turned off the uhf repeaters and have now moved over to the MSP800 trunked system. Saw reports that they can be heard on multiple zones such as 1,3,5 and 8.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect - the UHF is still VERY Active

What was posted was that the MBTA 800 Augmentation has gone live with some 800 TG's now being active.

At this time it appears to NOT be simulcast as traffic on T-Band is not being heard on the 800

Bill, I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the T 800 trunked radios can operate in either EDACS or Motorola Smartnet mode. Or are they using some other mechanism to get the traffic on the MSP trunk?

ecps92

Good question - only monitoring T Band and State 800 (Not the MBTA system)

I don't know if they are even on the EDACS system, altho the dispatchers kept telling them to stay on the Analog System (T-Band) and others were testing on the 800 (State System)

I'm sure more will come as we actually get to monitor the roll-out

Bill, I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the T 800 trunked radios can operate in either EDACS or Motorola Smartnet mode. Or are they using some other mechanism to get the traffic on the MSP trunk?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Good question - only monitoring T Band and State 800 (Not the MBTA system)

I don't know if they are even on the EDACS system, altho the dispatchers kept telling them to stay on the Analog System (T-Band) and others were testing on the 800 (State System)

I'm sure more will come as we actually get to monitor the roll-out

It would be odd, but not that odd, if they weren't on the EDACS system at all. I think the original plan was for them to talk to T Ops on Ops channels, but I don't know if that will happen.

I put it the talk group in the MSP system and just in case, in the 700 Mhz overlay system. As you say, we'll know more as they roll out the system.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin

If you must quote information from SNE, please consider doing so with accuracy.

Thanks.

:roll:

N1BHH

It would be odd, but not that odd, if they weren't on the EDACS system at all. I think the original plan was for them to talk to T Ops on Ops channels, but I don't know if that will happen.

I put it the talk group in the MSP system and just in case, in the 700 Mhz overlay system. As you say, we'll know more as they roll out the system.

They are not on the EDACS system. It's been reported that the T Police were against it for numerous reasons and the chief supports his men. They bought a large number of P-25 capable mobile and hand held (presumed to be dual band) radios recently and many have been already installed and are in use.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Bill, I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the T 800 trunked radios can operate in either EDACS or Motorola Smartnet mode.

I don't think a radio has ever existed that could do both Motorola Smartnet and EDACS…

- Chris

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
I don't think a radio has ever existed that could do both Motorola Smartnet and EDACS…

- Chris

I don't belive most transit police officers have access to the EDACS system, as most carry UHF Motorola radios.

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB
Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys I have been hearing the T police all morning still on the uhf 470.6625. ch.

Status
Not open for further replies.