Marlboro DPW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1OQA

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today in the RR Database that the Marlboro, MA DPW has now gone to P-25 on a frequency of 854.2625. Does anyone know what the NAC for this frequency is?

Nothing is noted in the RR Database for the NAC. Any help appreciated.

wledder

I just looked tonight and RR Database is showing Marlboro DPW as DMR on 854.2625. That would explain no NAC.

Now the better question is...do I have any chance of monitoring anything other than noise on that frequency with a Bearcat BCT15X?

- Bill

ecps92

Nope. Our current scanners Can Not

The various DMR's require a computer and DSD software to decode them, there are numerous threads on the topic if you are interested

I just looked tonight and RR Database is showing Marlboro DPW as DMR on 854.2625. That would explain no NAC.

Now the better question is...do I have any chance of monitoring anything other than noise on that frequency with a Bearcat BCT15X?

- Bill

ScannerHam

Has Marlboro DPW on 854.2625 gone encrypted? I have a number of frequencies using DMR programmed into my Whistler TRX-1 which I receive fine. However I do not receive Marlboro DPW in DMR mode. They are not using NXDN.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Technically, it's possible. I rather doubt that a DPW would encrypt their radio traffic given the cost. If it were encrpyted, you'd receive signal, but the audio would be garble or just a buzzing sound. If you aren't hearing anything, recheck the programming. They also show a VHF frequency of 151.1150, but that information is very old.

Has Marlboro DPW on 854.2625 gone encrypted? I have a number of frequencies using DMR programmed into my Whistler TRX-1 which I receive fine. However I do not receive Marlboro DPW in DMR mode. They are not using NXDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.