Massachusetts Trunked Site Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroguy01

If anyone is interested, attached is a zip file containing a Google Earth kmz file of all the Massachusetts statewide trunked sites listed by zone with call sign and frequencies. All info was obtained from FCC database and cross referenced with the RR database. I believe it to be mostly correct.

Things of note are Zone 21 for the tunnels also had two frequencies listed at Boston, Canton and Arlington sites. Wasn't sure of the extent of Zone 6 but listed all the frequencies at each site. The Peru site is listed for both Zone 24 and 25? Also couldn't find info for P25 stuff on Mt Greylock but tagged it anyhow.

Please let me know of any corrections or feel free to edit the file and post your changes. Enjoy.

Attachments

• MSP Tower Locations.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 321

QDP2012

If anyone is interested, attached is a zip file containing a Google Earth kmz file of all the Massachusetts statewide trunked sites listed by zone with call sign and frequencies. All info was obtained from FCC database and cross referenced with the RR database. I believe it to be mostly correct.

Things of note are Zone 21 for the tunnels also had two frequencies listed at Boston, Canton and Arlington sites. Wasn't sure of the extent of Zone 6 but listed all the frequencies at each site. The Peru site is listed for both Zone 24 and 25? Also couldn't find info for P25 stuff on Mt Greylock but tagged it anyhow.

Please let me know of any corrections or feel free to edit the file and post your changes. Enjoy.

A link pointing to this thread was added to the Trunked Radio Systems (MA) RR Wiki page, so Wiki-visitors who are interested could find your map.

Thanks for sharing.

ecps92

Last I had listened Grey Lock was still Analog

One item to note, altho Licensed for Frequencies, some sites don't use them due to interference issues

I'll take a look this weekend, but a quick look shows it's missing SE Mass and Cape Cod
Is this for the P25 TRS only ??

Is there a page that lists the sites & lists the Intelirepeaters..If no,How does one differentiate?

If the map shows this,My apologies..Im DL'ing GoogleMaps this moring..

ecps92

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=736
Generally the Inteli Sites are the Single Stand-Alone Zones
Your area, those would be 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
and to hear anything on them vs Zone 8 a radio would need to be affiliated to that Particular Site

C-Troop 8 is a Multi Site

Is there a page that lists the sites & lists the Intelirepeaters..If no,How does one differentiate?

If the map shows this,My apologies..Im DL'ing GoogleMaps this moring..

aeroguy01

Bill,

It's all there, even Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket. I just forgot to check off all the boxes when I saved that file. So not all of them are showing at startup.
Last I had listened Grey Lock was still Analog

One item to note, altho Licensed for Frequencies, some sites don't use them due to interference issues

I'll take a look this weekend, but a quick look shows it's missing SE Mass and Cape Cod
Is this for the P25 TRS only ??

ecps92

OK, didn't see a list of the sites to check, will re-run this weekend

Bill,

It's all there, even Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket. I just forgot to check off all the boxes when I saved that file. So not all of them are showing at startup.

ecps92

You can Move WQAL222 to a Conventional Category
That is for the 800 Conventional Interop Channels.

Altho the Commonwealth licenses ALL 5 at each site, the Region (New England) has implemented a plan where each County is assigned a Primary 800 and a Secondary 800, to allow for some overlap, but also to Prevent Interference if multiple events require usage. Nantucket and Marthas Vineyard are assigned 4 Pri and 1 Sec
ie 8TAC94 and 8TAC91

Also the Commonwealth has at many of these same sites the capability to cross-patch
into the UHF and VHF Interops

Also for this map, you likely want to add
a.) the 700 Boston Overlay
b.) Cambridge P25
c.) Massport P25
d.) Dept of Correction (Analog) Walpole, Shirley and Bridgewater sites

As these are all integrated into the One Larger System

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Question that I have never felt was answered 100%, and this map may help. What frequencies do MSP use in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket? It's been said on MVY they use VHF-Hi from local town frequencies but I can receive just about all of those from here and have never heard MSP on any of them. Unknown on Nantucket what's in use. Can anyone confirm?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about Nantucket, but the last time I was on MVY (2000), the Troop D trunk was full quieting. I don't know if that's on all of it, but it was in the Oaks Bluff area where I was staying.

I seem to remember that staffing of that barracks varies quite a bit with the seasons, so unless they had cruisers just earmarked for the islands, I'd say they use regular cruiser radios.

Bill might no for sure. As I said, it's been years since I've been down there.

Question that I have never felt was answered 100%, and this map may help. What frequencies do MSP use in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket? It's been said on MVY they use VHF-Hi from local town frequencies but I can receive just about all of those from here and have never heard MSP on any of them. Unknown on Nantucket what's in use. Can anyone confirm?

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
No Know TRS site down there, so I'm guessing either conventional 800MHz at low power or unknown VHf Hi?

ecps92

Last I knew it was Low-Band and 800, but also didn't they leave one of the MSP or 8Tac Repeaters down there (Islands) for the tourist Potus ?

Jeff might drop in, I seem to recall seeing D-5 or D-6 affiliate to the TRS, so it might hope the water quite well

Old Notes
155.5650 is to get into the BSO Intercity
158.8500 was for the Nantucket Net
158.9400 was for the Harbor Master
158.9550 was for the Oak Bluffs tie

44.7400 was only ever used (till the move to 800) Z-1 as Ch.1
and 44.9000 for Ch.02 from the early 80's on..

Never heard even the Small town patrols during my days :cool:

They are licensed to 42.44, 42.50 and 44.74 down there as well as the VHF 155.565, 158.85, 158.895, 158.94, 158.955.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
One or two of the MSP Conventional 800MHz frequencies have been in use in recent years when POTUS visits. That's the only time I have heard them (MSP) from MVY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.