BAPERN go digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
I noticed just today that BAPERN 470.0375 seems to have gone digital.

Anyone know anything about it?

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
Seems it's been Astro for a while, oddly it's been analog the whole time (recently) I've been listening to it.

ecps92

What PL tone ?
could it be an image from a neighboring Freq ?
What make/model scanner. Try it with a different scanner or radio at the same time

Seems it's been Astro for a while, oddly it's been analog the whole time (recently) I've been listening to it.

N1BHH

I think you're getting your terminology on this mixed up. P-25 (APCO Project 25) can be encrypted or (I don't like the phrase "in the clear" that many people use) un-encrypted. There has never been a PL or DPL (analog) on that Tactical frequency, it's always been P-25.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
I think you're getting your terminology on this mixed up. P-25 (APCO Project 25) can be encrypted or (I don't like the phrase "in the clear" that many people use) un-encrypted. There has never been a PL or DPL (analog) on that Tactical frequency, it's always been P-25.

No, I meant digital, P25 is digital, encrypted or not. PL or DPL was someone else's question.

They may have had analog (yes I mean analog, not digital) traffic on it for a day or two by coincidence when I first set it up in memory, thus my confusion. You can run a P25 repeater in multi mode. It sounded like the simulcast citywide was on it, in analog, for a day or two.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
What PL tone ?
could it be an image from a neighboring Freq ?
What make/model scanner. Try it with a different scanner or radio at the same time

It is very possible that I had the wrong label on the wrong channel.

I'm using an SDRPlay and SDR# and basically manually hunting and pecking for activity, looking up what I find on RR and saving the entry. Lot of margin for error, though I do swear I heard analog traffic on the frequency and when I recalled the memory a day or so later, it was digital.

I'm not using DSD+ at all because most agencies of interest to me are still all analog so I'm sure it wasn't a digital transmission I was confusing. I pick up the digital stuff on my Unidens.

ecps92

Maybe the Adjacent Freq was analog, not going to go look, but this one Frequency has been P25 since day-one of allocation, NEVER analog, Nor Dual Mode.

No, I meant digital, P25 is digital, encrypted or not. PL or DPL was someone else's question.

They may have had analog (yes I mean analog, not digital) traffic on it for a day or two by coincidence when I first set it up in memory, thus my confusion. You can run a P25 repeater in multi mode. It sounded like the simulcast citywide was on it, in analog, for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.