Boston Fire command channel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
When Boston has a fire alarm they tell everyone the channel two is the fire ground channel and there is another channel they say is the command channel. What is the channel frequency for the command channel and is it worth putting into my scanner when I am in Boston for vacation this summer ? Thank you !

N1BHH

The command channel is whatever channel they designate, channel 3 could be it. When there is an incident requiring evacuation during a fire there will be more than one channel used on the fire ground.

gordon115

The relatively new procedure of designating a command channel involves designating a talk group on the Metro Boston 700 P25 trunked system for use by the incident commander the talk group is typically CTAC-1 or CTAC-2. Most of the transmissions on these channels are in secure mode (encrypted). Because of the encryption it's difficult to tell how much activity there is on the command channel; my guess is most of the activity is on the designated UHF fire ground channel.

Your best bet is to monitor the designated UHF-T fire ground channel.

Gordon

ecps92

Boston has implemented some 700 and 800 Talk-groups, HOWEVER 99% of fire traffic remains on the UHF T-Band channels 1 - 4

As seen below, the combined Boston 700/800 TG's are listed, but
CTAC1, CTAC2, ADMIN, LOGISTICS, OPS1 AND OPS2 - are SECURE aka Encrypted
BFD%20TGs.jpg

SD to Boston ? Well atleast we can be above 30 during the summer :)

When Boston has a fire alarm they tell everyone the channel two is the fire ground channel and there is another channel they say is the command channel. What is the channel frequency for the command channel and is it worth putting into my scanner when I am in Boston for vacation this summer ? Thank you !

garys

Premium Subscriber
CTAC 1 = Division 1 incidents
CTAC 2 = Division 2 incidents

As noted, all of that traffic is encrypted.

The chiefs (and probably others) have Motorola dual band radios on UHF/700-800Mhz.
Eventually, all of the public safety radios will probably be configured that way, but I'm reasonably sure that is going to depend on how much grant money the city can get.

BFD-S5

Premium Subscriber
They carry 2 radios. APX6000 700/800 and APX6000XE UHF

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.