BCT15X program Bristol County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka1air

Trying to program Bristol County sheriff into the BCT15X. Firmware is up to date. I tried Mot II standard, no luck. I tried custom with the band plan, no luck. Can some one point me in the right direction.

Jack/KA1AIR

ka1air

Oilmillcharlie, thanks for the input. I had on my HP1 this afternoon and heard Bristol County Sheriff (Transportation) several times. TGID 16. I however have not heard anything else on the HP1. So I thought maybe I had programmed it in wrong on the BCT15X.

thanks again Jack/KA1AIR

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's listed at two different sites as Motorola Analog Type II.
I built a quick system and loaded it into my 536HP. The control channel is 854.0625 and it's active. No activity, but since it's night time that's no surprise.

You should be able to copy from your location, so I'd suggest you check your programming.

Are you using this mobile or base?

ka1air

garys,

Did you program it in as MOT II standard or MOT II custom reband ???

I am using as a base but am limited to an indoor home brew antenna. I live in RI on the border with MA and am able to hear them with the HP1 and rubber duck. Antenna is a 3 band home brew J POLE on the BCT15X
thanks for your reply.

jack

garys

Premium Subscriber
Custom/reband. That's how it downloaded from RR.

garys,

Did you program it in as MOT II standard or MOT II custom reband ???

I am using as a base but am limited to an indoor home brew antenna. I live in RI on the border with MA and am able to hear them with the HP1 and rubber duck. Antenna is a 3 band home brew J POLE on the BCT15X
thanks for your reply.

jack

ka1air

Garys,

Thanks for your help. I will get it in as Custom/Reband later today and see how it goes. If that doesn't work then I'll have to consider an alternative antenna. I had tried custom./reband before to no avail. Had not considered the antenna as a problem because I had better luck with the J Pole over the rubber duck. But maybe time to consider the antenna as the problem if I can't hear them after I reprogram with custom/reband.
Thanks again for the help.

jack

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
You two do realize that we're talking about the Bristol County, MASSACHUSETTS sheriff's department, right? That's why we're in the MASSACHUSETTS forum.

I am well aware you are discussing Bristol County, MA, I am only 70 miles from Bristol County. Last I looked Bristol County has it's own analog 800mhz Type II system and the Bristol County Sheriff used TG 008 (Hex) for it's dispatch. I just looked at the Databse and what is programmed into my radio matches what is in the database.

Where else is there a Bristol County in New England? OK , Rhode Island, but that is on RISCON and Sheriffs statewide and not on their own TG.

I have to ask, do you not leave MASSACHUSETTS ? I used to live in MASSACHUSETTS, my brother lives in MASSACHUSETTS and when I travel to MASSACHUSETTS , for both work and personal excursions, I listen to MASSACHUSETTS.

Last edited:

KB1UAM

Bristol County Sheriff uses 2 control Channels they usually switch around midnight each day. 854.0625 and 855.4875 for the Control Channels. Talk group 128 is Sheriff dispatch/K9 Talkgroup 16 is the Transport Channel. Also the House of Corrections in Dartmouth operates on an analog repeater low Power on 856.3875 Bristol County trunk is not Encrypted. I listen to them everyday.

garys

Premium Subscriber
So, why are you wasting time talking about encryption when there is none on the system? The OP either has a programming issue or is just using enough antenna.

I am well aware you are discussing Bristol County, MA, I am only 70 miles from Bristol County. Last I looked Bristol County has it's own analog 800mhz Type II system and the Bristol County Sheriff used TG 008 (Hex) for it's dispatch. I just looked at the Databse and what is programmed into my radio matches what is in the database.

Where else is there a Bristol County in New England? OK , Rhode Island, but that is on RISCON and Sheriffs statewide and not on their own TG.

I have to ask, do you not leave MASSACHUSETTS ? I used to live in MASSACHUSETTS, my brother lives in MASSACHUSETTS and when I travel to MASSACHUSETTS , for both work and personal excursions, I listen to MASSACHUSETTS.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
So, why are you wasting time talking about encryption when there is none on the system? The OP either has a programming issue or is just using enough antenna.

Because if you read up the first responses stated that the BCSO was encrypted. As someone stated it was encrypted, I responded that the BCSO was not encrypted. You see that is what people call sharing known information for the benefit of the the person seeking the information, and the benefit of the whole. That is the purpose of these forums.

Might I consider you actually read this thread rather than just rant? Or would rather just incorrectly rant about something?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'll give your comments all of the consideration they deserve and continue to try to help the OP figure out what his issue is.

Because if you read up the first responses stated that the BCSO was encrypted. As someone stated it was encrypted, I responded that the BCSO was not encrypted. You see that is what people call sharing known information for the benefit of the the person seeking the information, and the benefit of the whole. That is the purpose of these forums.

Might I consider you actually read this thread rather than just rant? Or would rather just incorrectly rant about something?

ka1air

garys,

Thanks for your help. I reprogrammed the custom/reband and I started receiving but, a weak signal. Moved the J Pole close to a window and improved quite a bit. So in the next few days got to try to figure out a better antenna system. Tried the RS800 Mhz antenna and about equal to the J Pole.
Want to thank you for leading me in the right direction.

Jack/ka1air

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

garys,

Thanks for your help. I reprogrammed the custom/reband and I started receiving but, a weak signal. Moved the J Pole close to a window and improved quite a bit. So in the next few days got to try to figure out a better antenna system. Tried the RS800 Mhz antenna and about equal to the J Pole.
Want to thank you for leading me in the right direction.

Jack/ka1air

Status
Not open for further replies.