What to listen to in Boston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

99chevytahoe

I just moved to Back Bay from down south. What should I be programming my scanner to up here? There are so many small towns and local Fire and police departments, not really sure where to start

ecps92

I would say, Boston Fire first
PD can be busy, so only if you want your Dist.
EMS as well

Take the outside towns slowly, some are busy (Cambridge) others not so.

But do ensure you have all the BAPERN and Metro Fire for the mutual aid, that way you know what towns/cities to turn on/off

MSP are a Highway Agency mostly, so if that is what you want, consider Zone 5 on the 800 Analog system

I just moved to Back Bay from down south. What should I be programming my scanner to up here? There are so many small towns and local Fire and police departments, not really sure where to start

jim202

If you want more than just the public safety radio systems, there is always the ham repeaters. A good source of the frequencies can be found here.

Jim

New England Repeater Directory

OceanNora

BU might be worth listening to as they're in your neck of the woods. They're not as busy as some other campus departments but they're definitely not dead by any means. They are digital, so you will need a digital scanner to listen to them. If you're into city services, the state police system has a site that's used by them, most of their Talkgroups are in the database here.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're in Boston PD District 4, so you'll want 460.500. It can be very busy, especially on weekend nights.
Boston Fire uses one channel for dispatch, 483.1625, one primary fireground 483.1875, and two secondary fireground channels 483.2125 and 483.2375. They also tone out dispatch on 453.650.
Boston EMS dispatches on 462.975.
Transit Police are 470.6625. They're pretty busy and cover a lot of area outside of Boston as well as Boston itself.

That will get you started and after you get used to our funny accents, you can add to the list.

I don't think that the BC350c does trunking, so the state police aren't going to be on your scan list.

Status
Not open for further replies.