RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Michigan Radio Discussion Forum

Michigan Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Michigan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 6:49 AM

Default Sanilac County Sheriff Dept.

Is anyone else monitoring them this morning. They are coming thru here on a seldom used local police freq. 155.5375. The data base lists their freq as 155.535. This would be about 80 miles away as the crow flies from where I am (lucky skip?). Started out at about 05:45 hrs as a open 911 call which turned into a mother (found on road with injuries) accusing her son of assaulting her & her husband. K9 called out to search for son. May still be ongoing but it seems that it may have moved to another channel and possibly cell phones. Still hearing some transmissions but quiet on the search. A few minutes ago I heard a helicopter on this channel reporting it was landing due to weather. Road references and a river name lead me to identify it as Sanilac County.

Rick

Last edited by CanWoodsman; 07-22-2009 at 6:51 AM.. Reason: spelling
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

That was a stabbing and murders. Over here tv12 and tv5 reported it but no video on their site yet.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=6926980
Police: Relative Fatally Stabs 2 In Sanilac Co. - News Story - WNEM Saginaw

far as the channel... if you were to go to 155.535 you certainly would have picked it up better certainly.
The signal evidently was strong enough to be picked it up slightly off channel. It was only .025 off.
That 155.535 comes in pretty good all the time out here in Bay City too.

Last edited by Ronaldski; 07-22-2009 at 11:43 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldski View Post
far as the channel... if you were to go to 155.535 you certainly would have picked it up better certainly.
The signal evidently was strong enough to be picked it up slightly off channel. It was only .025 off.
Close as I can get with the preset freq steps in my scanner.
Quote:
That 155.535 comes in pretty good all the time out here in Bay City too.
You are twice as close as me. Early morning with overcast weather seems to bring in the Michigan signals here. I only pick them up if they are on or very near freq's I monitor regularly. I'm only using a Yeasu VR-120D with the standard rubber ducky antenna that comes with it. Will be upgrading the antenna soon.

Rick
Old 07-22-2009, 5:22 PM

Im 15-18 miles from where it happened. Im good friends with one of the first responding Deputies that was on location. All he can legally tell me is that it was the most brutal scene he has ever seen in his 20 year career.
Old 07-22-2009, 7:49 PM

This is big news for the thumb area. I heard the call around 5:45 AM, I was unable to listen as I was on my way out the door. I seen on the news tonight 2 dead, 2 are hurt pretty bad, and 1 should be in jail. Hopefully the two females will pull through.

I spoke to my father earlier, he said that years ago he built the dead guys garage and breezeway. How strange is that?