RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Michigan Radio Discussion Forum

Michigan Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Michigan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 7:25 PM

Location: Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowagiac
Default Database

Berrien County
Niles City Police Department

On the Data Base, 453-9750, 453-9500 and 460-5250 are listed for Niles City Police. I have heard nothing on these for many, many months!

I was told by a Niles City Police, who I asked, that they are on a private radio system, that can only be monitored by their radios.
Sponsored links

Old 10-27-2013, 8:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Try the MPSCS for Niles. The DB has it listed as 13026. The best tower for Niles would be the Sumnerville tower
Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryd451 View Post
I was told by a Niles City Police, who I asked, that they are on a private radio system, that can only be monitored by their radios.
Which may be true, but I am more inclined to think they do not know, or do not want to share the information.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2013, 6:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryd451 View Post
I've noticed that unless you are friends with the officer in question, they will not give you an answer to a question like this. It makes sense and I don't blame them. They don't know who you are or why you want this information and it is a personal safety issue for them.

If you have any radio related questions, the fastest and most accurate responses come from posts on this website. I haven't been led astray yet.

Now back to the main topic .....
Old 02-01-2014, 8:47 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cass county road commission is now operating a TRBO system as opposed to analog. Same frequencies.
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2014, 1:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

yes in macomb county i cannot pick up any police or sherrif im using uniden bcd396xt scanner does anyone have a guess as to when these frq will be available on rr
Old 02-03-2014, 4:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canusa2 View Post
yes in macomb county i cannot pick up any police or sherrif im using uniden bcd396xt scanner does anyone have a guess as to when these frq will be available on rr
About two weeks ago, maybe longer.
Old 02-03-2014, 9:20 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Macomb

Have you looked here?
Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

2 (2) 019 (13) Macomb County Simulcast Macomb 851.06250 851.13750 851.18750 851.37500 851.42500 851.43750 851.65000 851.76250 851.90000 851.98750 852.38750 852.48750 852.65000 852.67500 852.73750 852.98750 853.26250a 853.98750c

Quote:
http://W8MSP.com
E-Mail W8MSP@W8MSP.com
E-Mail detroit780@radioreference.com
Old 02-03-2014, 9:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

i seen that but im not that savy with the freescan software to program the indivigual frequencies so i need to wait until it comes up on radio ref in the program where it does not say depriciated thanks though
Sponsored links

Old 02-04-2014, 6:51 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Macomb

Well if you use RR to program the scanner it should pull in the new data. It's in there now and all the previous frequencies have been removed. So there is no way to program the incorrect frequencies via a RR download through the software.

Quote:
i seen that but im not that savy with the freescan software to program the indivigual frequencies so i need to wait until it comes up on radio ref in the program where it does not say depreciated thanks though
http://W8MSP.com
E-Mail W8MSP@W8MSP.com
E-Mail detroit780@radioreference.com
Old 02-04-2014, 9:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

well i just looked an saint clair shores , sherrif, roseville etc are still saying depreciated i also called able electronics they said it may take rr weeks to update the database of all the ones that switched to MPSCS ALSO i looked at windsor an it said windsor police is unmonitorable it sure seems strange that all of these comunities would go down together this fast jason at able electronics said he has never seen anything like this an he has been referring people to tri- county communications to have there scanners reprogrammed so i called an the lady said it will probably be a couple of weeks before there excepting scanners
Old 02-04-2014, 9:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

i did try to use the present freq on their that say depreciated an i get nothing
Old 02-04-2014, 7:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
well i just looked an saint clair shores , sherrif, roseville etc are still saying depreciated i also called able electronics they said it may take rr weeks to update the database of all the ones that switched to MPSCS ALSO i looked at windsor an it said windsor police is unmonitorable it sure seems strange that all of these comunities would go down together this fast jason at able electronics said he has never seen anything like this an he has been referring people to tri- county communications to have there scanners reprogrammed so i called an the lady said it will probably be a couple of weeks before there excepting scanners
Listen to what the people here are trying to explain to you. The ONLY reason you would be getting depreciated is because you are trying to look-up their old analog freqs or their old talkgroups. Both St. Clair Shores & Roseville have joined SERESA. Look in the database under MPSCS > Macomb County > SERESA. Eastpointe is also part of this consolidated dispatch center. Macomb County sheriff remains on 50MASH as it always has. In order to receive all these talkgroups you simply need to program the new 85x.xxx listed under the Macomb County Simulcast of the MPSCS.

The reason you cant monitor Windsor PD is because they have been encrypted for the past several years. You can not legally monitor any encrypted communications.

Jason has never seen anything like this because the entire state just re-banded all their MPSCS towers, and he is likely flooded with people saying their scanner isnt working. All that is required is to reprogram the scanner with the new frequencies and it WILL work. I am listening to Macomb County / SERESA right now with no issues.
Old 02-04-2014, 7:30 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Although all valid questions and answers starting with comment 106, but this forum thread has to do with as the first message says -

Quote:
We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)
Quote:
We are seeking new and/or updated information for the Michigan database.
What we are asking is that you look at the current Michigan database for your area (and others if you wish), and verify what is there. Also, if you notice anything that is missing please let us know that as well. Newly found frequencies, TGIDs (with the exception of the MPSCS), and systems may be posted in this thread as well.
Should really start a new forum thread imo.

Last edited by Ronaldski; 02-04-2014 at 7:35 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 9:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

thanks for putting up with the novice I''ll try to figure it out now with the good info you have provided hope i wasnt to much of a bother im trying to learn
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2014, 9:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

St. Joseph County road commission is now DMR. Same frequencies.

Tags