We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Hello Everyone,

We are seeking new and/or updated information for the Michigan database. What we are asking is that you look at the current Michigan database for your area (and others if you wish), and verify what is there. Also, if you notice anything that is missing please let us know that as well. Newly found frequencies, TGIDs (with the exception of the MPSCS), and systems may be posted in this thread as well.

Post you findings here in this thread so we can cross reference it before a submission is made to make a change in the database. You need only post changes or additions. Be sure to identify the County, City, Agency, TRS, etc. This is only for Michigan systems only!

Other things of interest are welcome, as well; such as news, maps, radio codes, diagrams, links, extended explanations of channels/TGIDs and system data, history or technical data on agency or agency's radio system, something you always wish was there but isn’t, etc.

Don’t hold back - if you think it might help or add to the database, then submit it here.

The goal is to make the Michigan database the best one available, in any media form (print, digital, etc.).

Thank you from your Michigan Database Admins/Moderators and RadioReference.com.

Note: we cannot guarantee that all submitted information will be added to the database.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Well, I'll give you something:
The downriver database says that ALL fire, police and dpw have moved to the digital system.
While that is true for Fire and Police, the only DPW on there is Gibraltar. The other 17 cities Downriver are either still on their old VHF or UHF analog systems, or using Nextels.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Ann Arbor (Washtenaw)

Sakstrups/Brewers Towing minor change.

The listed frequencies are still in use, however dispatch is now done VIA Nextel. Those frequencies are now used for general talk among drivers for the most part.

Last edited:

fnnm1062

longtime member
Even if they seem like small insignificant changes (i.e. spelling or correct location, pl tones, etc...) are all very important.

Nine29

For the Grosse Pointe Intermunicipal Radio System under Police Talkgroups, DEC 1136 is the LEIN channel (sometimes also referred to as Channel 2 by LEO) for the City of Grosse Pointe.

From the database:

1136 047 D Ch-2 City of Grosse Pointe LEIN? Law Talk

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
All 5 Grosse Pointes & Harper Woods will refer to their LEIN channels as Channel 2. For awhile Harper Woods PD used it as a primary dispatch channel too but seems to have switched back to using TG 16 for dispatch along with the other Pointes.

beyerj4

Premium Subscriber
Mecosta County changes:

154.445 is Fire AND EMS Dispatch
158.745 is now FSU Physical Plant (maintenance)
153.935 is now FSU Rec Center
451.325 is now FSU Tech Services

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Works both ways we need what ones were deleted so we can stop scanning for these deleteds:
Deleted 1 talkgroup(s) Thunderbolt 2010-12-07 21:50:36
Deleted 1 talkgroup(s) Thunderbolt 2010-12-07 21:50:35

SCPD

QRT
Works both ways we need what ones were deleted so we can stop scanning for these deleteds:

I agree when a TG is deleted you should say the TGID and why it was deleted. Takes the guess work out of it

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
In the MPSCS someone just recently switched the TG for St. Clair County 556COM and 74F12. This update is incorrect. Today I heard Marine City Fire come over TG 2725 and say "Marine City Fire on 556COM". It was correct the way it was.

Correct:
TG 2725 556COM Marine City Common
TG 2724 74F12 Marine City FD Proprietary

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Talkgroups 2296 and 2297 were deleted and then re-added to the database with their correct info.

Yours truly,

Ron

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
That was me, I am always hearing Marine City fire referring to talkgroup 2725 as there fire channel 2.

They may use it as another fire channel once in a while, but I heard them as described in my previous post. Also, they had a structure fire last Friday and their PD contacted them on 2725 saying something to the effect of "Marine City PD to Marine City Fire on 556COM".

Marysville Fire Department uses their common frequency 562COM as their primary fire TG all the time.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
Oakland County

I think both North Oakland Fire Authority and Springfield Township Fire should be:

Freq 155.995 Tone 151.4

SCPD

QRT
On the MPSCS DB, I see most of the TG's that were listed as "Genesee County Medical Future Use" are now identified as Community EMS and its subsidiaries.2 of them were left alone though. However, why was the alpha tag of 12219 changed to "PRSTRCM", and what does "PRSTRCM" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.