Programing St Clair County

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcg

Hi,

I picked up a used Uniden BC796D I have an ST2 antenna mounted outside about 37' in the air with a clear view. With this scanner I have no problem picking up analog stuff, specifically the marine band stuff (154.000 161.000) for about a 30+ mile radius.

I used ACR250 to program the scanner. What I end up with is in the first bank first channel the primary control frequency of 868.63750 and in the first bank second channel the alternate frequency of 868.45000.

I also programmed several talkgroups. Pretty much the same ones as this feed.

St. Clair County Law Enforcement Live Scanner Audio Feed

My goal is to add the 2 marine divisions that cover Lake St. Clair (St Clair and Macomb) to my live feed.

I am not receiving anything close to what the live feed above is receiving. I've spent several days reading and trying different things. I am at a loss.

ACR250 sets up the control channels as Type2/P25 800. Over in this topic I was told that was incorrect.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/217966-bc796d.html#post1591159

The first question is what type of system is MPSCS and how should I set it up in my scanner?

Thanks.

Hi,

I picked up a used Uniden BC796D I have an ST2 antenna mounted outside about 37' in the air with a clear view. With this scanner I have no problem picking up analog stuff, specifically the marine band stuff (154.000 161.000) for about a 30+ mile radius.

I used ACR250 to program the scanner. What I end up with is in the first bank first channel the primary control frequency of 868.63750 and in the first bank second channel the alternate frequency of 868.45000.

I also programmed several talkgroups. Pretty much the same ones as this feed.

St. Clair County Law Enforcement Live Scanner Audio Feed

My goal is to add the 2 marine divisions that cover Lake St. Clair (St Clair and Macomb) to my live feed.

I am not receiving anything close to what the live feed above is receiving. I've spent several days reading and trying different things. I am at a loss.

ACR250 sets up the control channels as Type2/P25 800. Over in this topic I was told that was incorrect.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/217966-bc796d.html#post1591159

The first question is what type of system is MPSCS and how should I set it up in my scanner?

Thanks.
MPSCS is a APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive. All digital. So you would need to set your scanner to P25 if your scanner has an option for that. Put in the two control channels as mentioned. Sorry I am not familiar with Bearcat Scanners.
868.63750 868.4500
Then just put in your talk groups you want.
Your scanner will not pickup the 700MGz but I think you will be fine for now.

I'm to sure if you need the latest firmware update or not but here is a link.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate

Make sure your APCO 25 card is installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.