What I'm hearing and not hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcg

So I have my BC796D all programmed and scanning and receiving fine. I programmed in all the talk groups that may interest me but of course the fun is doing an ID search to search for everything out there.

Between the database and just listening I can figure out what I'm hearing.

But here is the question. I can hear lots of dispatch stuff telling someone to go to an address and check something out or go on scene somewhere for a report of a suspicious person or a drunk driver etc....

What I'm not hearing is a response when the patrol car gets on scene. Or if they are dispatched to an accident I never hear what they find when they get on scene.

Same thing for alarms. I will here a dispatcher talk about a report of an alarm somewhere and a car will respond but I don't here the outcome when they get there.

Am I missing something?

St Clair and Macomb Counties with the primary and alternate control channels in two different banks. One bank for each county with the primary channel in the first channel of the bank.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
For example on talkgroups xxxx and yyyyy (fill in the blanks please ;) )

tcg

For example on talkgroups xxxx and yyyyy (fill in the blanks please ;) )

From the database I programmed all of the law enforcement for St. Clair County. That is not all I programmed but is an example.

As I said I am also doing an ID search just to see if I could hear more.

2129 74LAW1 Central 9-1-1 Police - Law Enforcement 1 Law Talk
2268 74P911 Central 9-1-1 Police - Dispatch Law Dispatch
2270 74LEIN Central 9-1-1 Police - L.E.I.N. Law Talk
2699 74DET Sheriff - Detectives Law Talk
2701 74P209 Algonac Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2707 74PD835 Yale Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2711 74PD286 Capac Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2715 867P911 Clay Twp. Police - Dispatch Law Dispatch
2716 867LAW1 Clay Twp. Police - Secondary Law Talk
2726 74P556 Marine City Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2729 74PD562 Marysville Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2743 74P721 St. Clair Police - Proprietary Law Talk
2744 74P174 Sheriff - Administration Law Talk
2745 74LAW2 Central 9-1-1 Police - Law Enforcement 2 Law Talk
2748 174MSR Sheriff - Marine Rescue Law Talk
2749 174MAR Sheriff - Marine Division Law Talk
12155 867P911 Clay Twp. Police - Administration Law Talk
12170 IRA DPS Ira Twp. - Proprietary Law Talk
12171 174COR Sheriff - Corrections Division Law Talk
12190 74COURT Sheriff - Court Security Law Talk

tcg

On all of those you are hearing just one side?

I hear both sides but I never hear any follow up.

I heard dispatch tell a car to go to an intersection where a kid was playing in traffic. I heard the car say they were on the way but I never heard anything after that.

I guess I expect to hear the officer say he's on location and what happened once he got there. Or when dispatch says there is a report of a man hiding in the bushes and the car says they will check it out I expect to hear something when he gets there.

Does that type of traffic move to other channels?

milaw

Premium Subscriber
I hear both sides but I never hear any follow up.

Does that type of traffic move to other channels?

Unless you have paused the scanner on that talkgroup ... I would guess that when the Ofc is giving thier disposition on the original talkgroup, your scanner is on a different talkgroup and you are hearing a new call.

Or, the Ofcs do the same thing that I do and just use CAD thru thier MDC. I typically get my runs over the air then change my CAD status to enroute, at scene and clear over the computer when appropriate. Hot runs are different but routine, mundane complaints don't require me to tie up the air and tell other Ofcs and dispatchers how a run went. For example, "Unit 123, check in front of 555 Main St for a silver Ford Focus that the caller reports as abandonded."... I arrive, run it on my MDC then slap a 48 hr aband sticker on it. I don't need to announce any of that over the air so I just tap the 'clear' button, add my notes into the CFS, press enter then drive on to find more crime.

tcg

Unless you have paused the scanner on that talkgroup ... I would guess that when the Ofc is giving thier disposition on the original talkgroup, your scanner is on a different talkgroup and you are hearing a new call.

Or, the Ofcs do the same thing that I do and just use CAD thru thier MDC. I typically get my runs over the air then change my CAD status to enroute, at scene and clear over the computer when appropriate. Hot runs are different but routine, mundane complaints don't require me to tie up the air and tell other Ofcs and dispatchers how a run went. For example, "Unit 123, check in front of 555 Main St for a silver Ford Focus that the caller reports as abandonded."... I arrive, run it on my MDC then slap a 48 hr aband sticker on it. I don't need to announce any of that over the air so I just tap the 'clear' button, add my notes into the CFS, press enter then drive on to find more crime.

That makes sense and explains things.

The other night there was a stolen vehicle that had just happened and I heard 3 or 4 units talking about where they were and how the search was going. I fell asleep before that one ended but it also goes with what you just said.

Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.