Detroit police

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

Like freq said... get a scanner and listen to what you want like the rest of us have to....

OCO

Wow - friendly crowd today.....
Here's a little more information on the streaming services from RadioReference...

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...-where-did-feed-go-how-get-my-area-added.html

Hopefully if you get "hooked" on listening, we can get you involved in owning a real scanner, which will give a lot more listening options (and lets you listen to exactly what you want to hear)- it's a great pastime! :wink:

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I just talked to the feed owner, who I know. He said that the place where the feed is, is moving locations and may be a while before he can get the feed back up.

313RADIO

the few times i listened to DPD on the radio reference stream - the audio was horrible and there were so many talk groups together, you could not follow a conversation.
the quickest way the hear the action is go to radioshack and ask for a pro-106 or pro-197 police scanner. tune to 868.7250 hit prog. lock out the wild card. manually add these 6 talkgroups 8040,8043,8046,8049,8055,8058. Your done. Hope you live in or near the city thats were the signal is best.

freqs

Wow - friendly crowd today.....
Here's a little more information on the streaming services from RadioReference...

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...-where-did-feed-go-how-get-my-area-added.html

Hopefully if you get "hooked" on listening, we can get you involved in owning a real scanner, which will give a lot more listening options (and lets you listen to exactly what you want to hear)- it's a great pastime! :wink:
Did not mean to be unfiendly .Looking at his location it said Detroit the best bet is get a Scanner and get in on all the action .As big as Detroit is the stream is limited

kd8ati

Feed Provider
LOL living by the city is not always the best. I am near 9 Mile and Woodward and have a VERY hard time decoding the digital signal due to simulcast multipath issues (the same thing that you heard in the feed). I have tried everything except standing on my head while holding the scanner sideways to try and get a good signal. It just does not happen. On the other hand I know people who live way out in the Macomb Twp / Utica area who have no issues picking it up with an outdoor antenna... because they are only getting 1 or 2 towers so the multipath issues most of us have is non-existant. In any event, good luck with the Detroit Simulcast if you do get a scanner.

Before anyone else says anything, the reason Detroit Fire is so clear is because that feed is using an ACTUAL Motorola fire department radio, not a scanner.

the few times i listened to DPD on the radio reference stream - the audio was horrible and there were so many talk groups together, you could not follow a conversation.
the quickest way the hear the action is go to radioshack and ask for a pro-106 or pro-197 police scanner. tune to 868.7250 hit prog. lock out the wild card. manually add these 6 talkgroups 8040,8043,8046,8049,8055,8058. Your done. Hope you live in or near the city thats were the signal is best.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
ari - have you installed the new XT firmware? Made a noticeable difference during my brief test...

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Glad to hear that. Just to make sure you start off on the right foot, you NEED a digital trunking scanner in order to hear Detroit FD/PD/EMS. GRECOM & Uniden both make good digital trunking scanners.

thank you all i am purchasing a scanner soon.

mqhavic

hello I just downloaded a scanner app but detroit police is offline. Is there anyway to listen to them?

Does anyone else think its odd that we still can't listen to the Detroit Police??

How long has the feed been down?

Why doesn't anyone start a new feed?

Listening to the DPD is better then watching T.V on a Friday night!!

IF I HAD THE CONNECTION SPEED I WOULD MAN UP AND SEND THE S - - t out!

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello all
I have a BCD 396T. I thought you couldn't listen to DPD,DFD anymore. I put this 868.7250 in as control channel and the above group ID never heard to much? Or it's a lot quieter than before it use to be hopping 24/7
Thanks
TD

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You can hear DPD and DFD just fine if you live within the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.