Re: Ingham County Database Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Re: Ingham County Database Updates

FYI:

I've just gone through the entire database for both the conventional and EDACS system for Ingham County and have made several changes, corrections, and general housekeeping tasks. I would appreciate any assistance in reviewing this information, also if you have any additions, corrections, etc. Please submit these via the normal submission method and I will address each one directly.

Thanks for your assistance and I hope you find the new layout easier and cleaner overall.

Regards,

Jerry

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Good deal!

As we know addition - updates to TG's - frequencies are easy to spot in the DB, I see categories at least were removed it showed in the history... any TG's or frequencies deleted so we can update our radios?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Good deal!

As we know addition - updates to TG's - frequencies are easy to spot in the DB, I see categories at least were removed it showed in the history... any TG's or frequencies deleted so we can update our radios?

As of today's updates, I have NOT deleted any talkgroups; I'm holding off on that until the new 911 center is open and all agencies have moved to their perspective new assignments.

As for conventional frequencies; yes, there have been numerous deletions, main old VHF fire frequencies that had old expired licenses and were already marked as "Depreciated" or "No Longer Used". I haven't done them all because I am waiting on some input from you folks on whether further updating is needed. If everyone can verfiy what does and doesn't have activity on it, it would surely make this process smoother.

That said, I know in the past updates may have taken sometime to process; rest assured, as a local database admin with a high level of interest, updates shouldn't take more than a few days at the VERY latest. So please, send in those submissions and please include as much detail as possible.

Regards,

Jerry

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
This looks out of place:

154.04000 WPPF753 BM 103.5 PL NIESA Disp. Fire & EMS Dispatch FMN Emergency Ops

NIESA runs EMS, and they may very well use that for dispatch, but Williamson & Leroy Twp fire are definitely dispatched on the main Ingham Co talkgroup. Is this a simulcast of some sort?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
This looks out of place:

154.04000 WPPF753 BM 103.5 PL NIESA Disp. Fire & EMS Dispatch FMN Emergency Ops

NIESA runs EMS, and they may very well use that for dispatch, but Williamson & Leroy Twp fire are definitely dispatched on the main Ingham Co talkgroup. Is this a simulcast of some sort?

Most likely they are simulcast as well.

Check out this link: NIESA EMS, Williamston Fire, Leroy Township Fire

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I realize they are the same group, but I"ve never heard anyone mention simulcasting Fire Main. And that makes no sense... I'd recontact the source of that just to make sure. As far as I know they've always done just EMS on that frequency, and I know the fire rigs all use the regular Fire Main channel. That would be strange to hear that they started to simulcast fire there...

tobin343

Premium Subscriber
whats the deal with the new metro fire talk groups that were added for lansing and east lansing fire are they going to switch both over to dispatching on one talk group and if so when might this switch over happen?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I realize they are the same group, but I"ve never heard anyone mention simulcasting Fire Main. And that makes no sense... I'd recontact the source of that just to make sure. As far as I know they've always done just EMS on that frequency, and I know the fire rigs all use the regular Fire Main channel. That would be strange to hear that they started to simulcast fire there...

I agree, and if anyone can confirm this,that would be great. This was an existing listing in the database, I just updated the licensee information. I've been listening all day and haven't heard any traffic so far on this frequency.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I'll wait til after the 911 change to drop a note to my contact (little busy now based on news reports ;) ) The more I thought about it - this would be impossible but I'll confirm.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
ING FD BU is used for comms with med helos
ING FIRE PAGE is not just paging but is a full simulcast of FIRE MAIN on the TRS

EC-7

I am planning on providing a live feed for Ingham County Police Depts.
I took the scanner to the tower site near Elise today, to test signal and decode quality, it should receive well. I cant get the signal at all from my home, so I cant verify any freqs or talkgroups myself.

Should I wait until the database updates are made and 911 center changes are done, before applying for the feed, or should I start it now and make changes later?
I was planning on just streaming the EDACS system. Are there any conventional PD freqs I should add?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I am planning on providing a live feed for Ingham County Police Depts.
I took the scanner to the tower site near Elise today, to test signal and decode quality, it should receive well. I cant get the signal at all from my home, so I cant verify any freqs or talkgroups myself.

Should I wait until the database updates are made and 911 center changes are done, before applying for the feed, or should I start it now and make changes later?
I was planning on just streaming the EDACS system. Are there any conventional PD freqs I should add?

That depends... What traffic from the TRS are you looking to stream? If its Lansing, East Lansing, Meridian, or anything surrounding the Lansing area, then yes, I'd wait until the change over occures as you'll save yourself some reprogramming. If its just the county "ING" channels (talkgroups) then you're fine...

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm.... I don't know of any changes in LE talkgroups coming. All the new TGs are in the RRDB now. You should be fine.

On the other hand, we already have all LE talkgroups in the county on a stream, so you would just be duplicating. If by chance you want to stream Metro Fire, I moved this weekend farther west from the city so my reception is reduced. If you want to take those, I'll switch mine to Delta Twp / Grand Ledge.

drboone

EL/MSU/Meridian LEIN

At least one of these agencies has been using EMM TAC2 for LEIN the last few days, and _calling_ it LEIN. Anyone know what's up?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Patching during the transition. EMM TAC1 is being used for something else too (I forget since I locked them out.) Back to normal afterwards.

w8fsm

Feed Provider
I will be heading to the tower to update the LFD fire feed with the metro talkgroups so it's ready for cut over... As i will be in the area for work anyways... Also going to go over the audio's of each as well...

Mark PD is covered already as Rob's said... County Events are not if you wanted to cover that... I would need to add another computer at the lansing tower to add any more feeds.. which rackspace is tight at the moment there...

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
FYI: The center is going live on Wednesday morning beginning around 08:00 hours...

AC1102

The 154.040 license for NIESA is the old dispatch channel for Williamston Fire and EMS, now it is only used to repeat tones from 911 Center to activate the Williamston City warning sirens

i5adam8

Hey does anyone know if Meridian police switched all radio traffic over to IC MAIN ? I know they kind of went back and forth because of the williamstown contract but they seem to have been unusually active on IC MAIN for the last few days and I was wondering if they left the township talkgroup as fire did with the opening of the new 911 center.

spartanguy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Meridian Township PD has officially switched over to IC MAIN and their old MEP MAIN talk group has been depreciated during radio reprogramming. That is why MEP MAIN was being patched with EMMTAC1 until the transition, because when they reprogrammed their radios they no longer had access to MEP MAIN. The new Dispatch Center has 4 police dispatch positions (LA NORTH, LA SOUTH, EL MSU, IC MAIN) and those 4 dispatchers all sit together in the same area.

Status
Not open for further replies.