Gratiot County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonbrzak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Does anybody know if gratiot county is broadcasting fire over the 800MHz talkgroups? I have the TGID for it now, but I havent programmed it in yet. I have been receiving police traffic from some different county on the 154.160 frequency for a couple of days, but fire/ems still broadcasts thru it. I work at a service shop, and i service a state of mi MPSCS tech, and he hears traffic on 800MHz. I guess im basically asking if anybody hears it on gratiot's talk groups?

gsalogar

As of last week, they had not completely switched over. Not sure if that is a future plan or not. I know each department has at least a few radios. Alma and Sumner/Seville seem to like them up in the northwest part of the county. I have heard a couple of other departments on TG 1929, but nothing regular.

You are probably hearing skip on 154.16, unless you have a PL programmed in of 123. I have not heard other traffic on fire main, but have not been listening since last week.

Brandonbrzak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok, I had a thought of that 123. as a possibility of that interference. But another question.. Are you aware of the fire dept's tac TGID's? Ive been searching for them since I havent been picking up on 154.295.

gsalogar

I am not aware of any TAC TG's. To pick up a conventional fire ground frequency you have to be pretty close to the scene it is being used at.

Brandonbrzak

I was guessing the location scenario on that too. Here in gratiot county, to my knowledge, there are 6 tactical channels. Im thinking maybe that those tac channels are on one group depending on location. Unless its their own private channel. Ill try and do some more investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.