Kent County p25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YalekW

I'm hearing p25 audio crisp and clear on my pro 106 in kent county. Uhh nothing on radio reference about it? Here are the freqs:

Also, when the 106 was bought, the guy at radioshack told me that kent county switched to the new trunked system. If this is true, this should be added to the MPSCS.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Those freqs are all listed in MPSCS. Not sure what you are looking for?

The sales rep lied.

YalekW

You did not look at a part of the message. It said "recieving p25 audio crisp and clear in KENT COUNTY."

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I see that. Those freqs are from the Barry Co tower, which you should hear just fine in KENT and they are listed in the RRDB.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
Kent County Sherrif and Fire are both still using their vhf systems and the rrdb data is up to date. Your friend at Radio Shack is mistaken

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

YalekW

maybe your right. But I heard them say "grand rapids" and " 13 mile rd", Which is in kent county. I think the person did lie.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
But I heard them say "grand rapids" and " 13 mile rd", Which is in kent county.

If you look in the RRDB under MPSCS, you'll see that MDOT operates in Kent Co, the drug team, and MSP.

YalekW

I figured it out. It turned out it was cedar springs and cannonsburg that uses the p25 I was talking about.

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
Cedar Springs is dispatched by Kent County on the VHF system and Cannonsburg is patrolled by the Sheriff.

I think what you are hearing is the MPSCS as Rdale mentioned in post #4. MPSCS will broadcast to any radio listening in on it for the talkgroup it is subscribed to, I think what you heard was a unit that was on a talkgroup that covers that part of Kent county but the radio was currently locked onto that tower in Barry County.

Did you log the TGID and/or RID of the broadcast?

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I have never been able to get the Nashville tower in GR. Sometimes in the right areas I can get the Plainwell tower but again almost no where except on the expressways,
I wounder if edriaw1 does not have it set to P25 and just set to scan all those as a conv so it is just picking up voice traffic when someone talks on any tower close like the Cedar Springs and Cannonsburg towers that I see some of those freqs are listed on.

YalekW

I do mostly have conventional channels because there's no major trunked systems in the county. I now have those p25 freqs in search. And in search it automatically found out it was p25 audio and displayed the NAC when it landed on those freqs. So maybe you guys are right.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
that those P25's out. They are for a trunk system and you are going to miss most the conversation because it will keep changing channels. If you want to liten you will need to setup new trunk systems for cedar springs and the cannonsburg towers.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Why do we have two threads on the same subject? Can we combine the two ? Any admins to do so?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I only see one thread about his programming issues. Link to the other?

YalekW

oh so now my thread has to be about programming issues. UGH I cannot make any of my threads make sense.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Correct. As we noted above, those are MPSCS towers. You had them in conventional mode and those are trunked frequencies.

YalekW

I now have them in a trunked system. Problem solved, even though it's very faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.