pro 96 help again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman9377

to program frequencies into the radio the manual says to change receive mode to mo before entering frequencies, mine dosen't change to mo only am,fm,ct,dc is this why iam getting poor reception mostly no reception...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you aren't setting up a trunked system.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Your mode list should include MO for Motorola & ED for EDACS. While in the "Program" mode, press the "Trunk" button; Then use the "Mode" button to switch to MOT; You can then enter the talkgroups or go back to "Program" & enter the frequencies first. When you enter one of the MPSCS frequencies at that point, it should automatically switch to "MO".

(You have to be wary though, that if you enter a non-trunked 800 Mhz or UHF frequency, it will switch to "MO", & you will have to use the "Mode" key to switch it to FM.)

Last edited:

dman9377

pro 96 help

thank you for that info , i have another question ienter the 25 frequencies from the belle tower into bank 0 now do i need to enter the 25 freq. from the iris tower into bank 1, when i try it comes up duplicate should i enter anyhow.

freqs

thank you for that info , i have another question ienter the 25 frequencies from the belle tower into bank 0 now do i need to enter the 25 freq. from the iris tower into bank 1, when i try it comes up duplicate should i enter anyhow.
You only need to progarm in 868.7250 that is the control freq for all Detroit Control towers.No need to put in all the freqs.Just 868.7250.But the Pro 96 does not decode Detroit all that well even within the city of Detroit the pro 106 does far better iam in Warren at 12 mile Schoenher and its still choppy at times

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Just look at the MPSCS page in the DB, enter the red & blue frequencies (control channel & alternate control channels) for the Detroit Simulcast site. Depending on where you are, you may also be able to receive the Southfield, Romeo, Northville, Flat Rock, &/or Western Wayne sites.

The other thing you need to do with the PRO-96 is if you enter more than one site, you will need to separate each site with at least one non-trunked frequency, otherwise the -96 locks on the first control channel it sees & ignores the others.
Example: Det Siml freqs / VHF freq / Southfield freqs / VHF freq / Northville freqs / VHF freq -- and so on. (I used VHF as an example but it can be any non-trunked frequency-VHF, UHF, 800.)

Feel free to PM me if you need further guidance.

dman9377

i have enter the three freq. from the db the scanner is working but it is very choppy, is there some type of antenna that can be pruchase for better reception.. and i do thank you guys for the info

freqs

It will be at best choppy with the pro 96.If your trying to get Detroit Towers
Are you within the City or out side Detroit and how far ?

Last edited:

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
My Bad....

You will NOT get DPD / DFD off of the Southfield tower. Only the Det Simulcast carries DPD.

Not being from over there I didn't realize that. I figured that there was some "overlap", but I guess it makes sense that there would't be. Didn't mean to steer you wrong, dman.

Posted wirelessly using a teeny tiny keyboard, so please excuse any typos.

Last edited:

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Not being from over there I didn't realize that. I figured that there was some "overlap", but I guess it makes sense that there would't be. Didn't mean to steer you wrong, dman.

Posted wirelessly using a teeny tiny keyboard, so please excuse any typos.

Normally, as you know, there would be overlap, as that is how MPSCS was developed. Detroit is an exception to the rule. Due to just the sheer number of users on the Detroit Simulcast, the MPSCS has blocked the DPD / DFD radios from using other towers (Like Southfield & Flat Rock) as that would quickly clog them up, as they don't have the number of voice channels that would be needed.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
....Due to just the sheer number of users on the Detroit Simulcast, the MPSCS has blocked the DPD / DFD radios from using other towers (Like Southfield & Flat Rock) as that would quickly clog them up, as they don't have the number of voice channels that would be needed.

And that makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.