BURN: One year on the frontlines of Detroit Fire Dept..

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
A fellow dispatcher & her husband (who is a firefighter) went to see it in Lansing last week; they said it was an excellent film. Can't wait to see it - I want my son to see it, too, since he wants to become a firefighter. I don't want to scare him off, just want to give him a little reality check & show him that no matter how bad it gets, somewhere....it's worse.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
Are there any plans to sell this movie on DVD/Blu Ray? I know that a lot of fundraising needs to take place before they can start producing it, but I was curious if it was at least in the plans.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
According to their website, they currently sell a DVD that contains over an hour of material that didn't make it into the film. They say that once they reach the profitability point, they will offer the film on DVD; they want to make sure they get the film in theaters in as many markets as possible first.

It looks like that after one showing in each city they are holding a live Skype Q & A with a Detroit firefighter. That should be pretty cool.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thats what was asked of a dvd at the Q & A after the movie showed in Bay City, it was on for three days there that a Detroit firefighter was there and echoed about getting more cash till the dvd is available.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Myself and some guys from my department saw it in Windsor a few weeks back... was a great show and I too hope it comes out on DVD at some point.

weeksben1

Its a GREAT movie, I've seen it at least twice. :) The producers really should think about releasing it on DVD (or maybe iTunes/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.