Trooper Paul Butterfield, shot and killed during traffic stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
R.I.P.

11565062-large.jpg

Its always a wakeup as we listen to our radios and do stuff here, it all comes to a reality when something like this tragedy occurs.

Trooper Paul Butterfield, shot and killed during traffic stop, was Bridgeport High School graduate | MLive.com

and also has fox 17 news video
Michigan State Police confirm death of Trooper Paul Butterfield after he was shot during traffic stop | MLive.com

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

krokus said:
He looks really familiar, and the name sounds familiar. :(

Any relation to the Paul Butterfiled of the Paul Butterfiled Blues Band?

kc8dhx

Premium Subscriber
RIP Trooper Butterfield.

I locked G-Event09 into my PSR-800 and have majority of the traffic from when they were hunting for the murder. I don't know why but I am listening to the 3 hours of Streaming archives now. (I did NOT stream G-EVENT-9!)

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
There was also a lot of traffic on Statewide 5, according to our night shift.
My Deputy Director came from Mason/Oceana Central Dispatch and knew him.
And I'm somewhat familiar with the area where it happened - very rural and not much out there.

Goes to show that there is no such thing as a "routine" traffic stop. It's one of the most (if not THE MOST) dangerous things an officer does.

Rest in Peace, Trooper Butterfield. Our thoughts & prayers go out to his family, friends, and co-workers.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
He went to Bridgeport high, ran track set records there, went to Tennessee on a track scholarship if that helps Krokus.

I was wondering if he had worked the road in Washtenaw County, and we worked a crash. Maybe he was here for the tornado, and I saw him at the CP, or in staging.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This horrible senseless murder happened in the area I live, the whole community is very shaken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.