Macomb County Michigan TG Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I got away from scanning back in 2007, and got back into it several months ago. It appears there has been a few changes in the way TG's are laid out for Macomb County.

What was the reason for splitting them up, as shown below. I live in Macomb Twp, right at 25 Mile Rd. Looking at these list it would appear I would want to monitor the Southern Public Safety TG's for PD activity for my home area, yet it's being dispatched on Law Enforcement TG's. Then other PD activity TG's listed in the Northern, and Southern TG's, is also being dispatched on the Law Enforcement TG's. Is there some redundancy, or overlap?

Does this have something to do with Hackel's new COMTEC surveillance center?

Also, does the Romeo CC handle all the same TG activity as Macomb's simulcast CC?

Macomb County (50) Law Enforcement Talkgroups

Macomb County (50) Northern Public Safety Talkgroups
Communities along and north of 26 Mile Road.

Macomb County (50) Southern Public Safety Talkgroups
Communities along and south of 26 Mile Road.

Macomb County (50) SERESA Talkgroups
The Southeast Regional Emergency Services Authority (SERESA), is a joint 9-1-1 emergency communications center. They handle all dispatching for the Macomb County cities of Eastpointe, Roseville and St. Clair Shores. Additional nearby communities may join SERESA in the future.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
I personally don't have any answer to this. I think it just has more to do with local people making a suggestion to whoever the local admin is. Just my humble opinion. Well back to monitoring.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I personally don't have any answer to this. I think it just has more to do with local people making a suggestion to whoever the local admin is. Just my humble opinion. Well back to monitoring.

Thanks for responding!

I find that most all of what I want to hear is on the Macomb County (50) Law Enforcement Talkgroups.

I pick up the Macomb Township FD on the Macomb County (50) Southern Public Safety Talkgroups.

freqs

I got away from scanning back in 2007, and got back into it several months ago. It appears there has been a few changes in the way TG's are laid out for Macomb County.

What was the reason for splitting them up, as shown below. I live in Macomb Twp, right at 25 Mile Rd. Looking at these list it would appear I would want to monitor the Southern Public Safety TG's for PD activity for my home area, yet it's being dispatched on Law Enforcement TG's. Then other PD activity TG's listed in the Northern, and Southern TG's, is also being dispatched on the Law Enforcement TG's. Is there some redundancy, or overlap?

Also, does the Romeo CC handle all the same TG activity as Macomb's simulcast CC?

The Southeast Regional Emergency Services Authority (SERESA), is a joint 9-1-1 emergency communications center. They handle all dispatching for the Macomb County cities of Eastpointe, Roseville and St. Clair Shores. Additional nearby communities may join SERESA in the future.

Not sure what your asking .your in Macomb you would want monitor the Sheriff for pd and Macomb ts fire on there tg's .as far as split up the county .Its allways been kinda like that even in the old days 26 mile was kinda the devider.
460.250 was Police freq for the north Romeo .County Armada New Haven Chesterfleild .Then below 26 mile 460.4000.the Sheriif used that for Macomb ts Harrison ts .Just a reminder 460.5750 is still used as dispatch for Macomb ts in simulcast .asa far as tg go I her all on both

GregTZ

Macomb County Sheriff

I am trying to monitor the Macomb County Sheriff and am no longer able to find them in the database.
Can you help?

--Greg

GeneseeCoMI

I am trying to monitor the Macomb County Sheriff and am no longer able to find them in the database.
Can you help?

--Greg

I found them just fine:

2869 Macomb Co Sheriff: Secondary
2870 Macomb Co Sheriff: Ch-3
12245 Macomb Co Sheriff: Operations
2921 Macomb Co Sheriff: Marine Division 1
2922 Macomb Co Sheriff: Marine Division 2
2660 Macomb Co Sheriff: Jail Ops
2846 Macomb Co Sheriff: Detectives
2876 Macomb Co Sheriff: Huron Clinton Metro Parks Rangers
12246 Macomb Co Sheriff: Operations

GregTZ

Macomb County Sheriff

Thank you for your reply and information.
I did not see "Dispatch" in your list.
I also don't know how to get this information into my Uniden Home Patrol scanner.
I just updated the database with the Sentinel software and can not find this information in there.
I would gladly add it if I knew how.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

--Greg

GeneseeCoMI

I also don't know how to get this information into my Uniden Home Patrol scanner.
I just updated the database with the Sentinel software and can not find this information in there.

--Greg

I'm not sure who dispatches the sheriff's dept, is but the same section has "2313 Macomb County 9-1-1 Central Police Dispatch ", I'm guessing that's it.

For the programming part, ask on the Software Programming Forum

phask

Premium Subscriber

--Greg

Assuming you're the same Greg on the Uniden Forum.

For others, the location was incorrect in the RR Db. LAT & LON were the same, I submitted a correction, and it's already in place.

GregTZ

Assuming you're the same Greg on the Uniden Forum.

For others, the location was incorrect in the RR Db. LAT & LON were the same, I submitted a correction, and it's already in place.

Again, Thank you very much for the reply and correction!

You have been very helpful.

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.